Fishpot Lake Resort
Sylvan Motel(Quesnel)
US$52
US$52
US$62
Travelodge Quesnel BC(Quesnel)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$102
BestWestern.com
US$95
US$78
US$77
TripAdvisor
Travelocity
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I made a reservation two days before making the drive from Quesnel. My boyfriend and I were looking to rent a cabin and camp overnight to celebrate our one year anniversary. After making the reservation we didn't hear anything back so we figured everything was fine. We arrived at the resort (a two hour drive) to be greeted by the owner who informed us the entire resort was booked with tree planters until June 15th. He told us we needed to call. I had made the reservation online, why would I call? When I suggested that perhaps the website should mention that the entire resort is booked, or not have online reservations available when he knew the resort was booked, he only said "no I don't have to put that on my website". He had a paper copy of our reservation, so they were aware of our reservation but as I mentioned nobody contacted us to tell us it was unavailable. We wasted the gas and time to get there. Thanks for nothing other than ruining our anniversary. We will never go back, and everyone we know will hear about this.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Jamie A
FishpotLakeResort, Owner at Fishpot Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

I am including the letter we wrote to you personally on facebook the night of this incident:
I am sorry to hear you are disappointed in our resort. We appologize for not having a cabin to rent to you when you both arrived at the resort, as the resort was already fully booked. I did receive your reservation request that very morning of June 7, 2014 (06/07) at approx. 7 am just before I rushed out the door to go to Quesnel and upon returning from a dreary grocery shopping trip you should imagine my surprize on hearing of your arrival at the resort earlier that same day. The booking request you sent through our secure online reservation form was dated for an arrival date of July 6 (07/06). I imagine this was a simple mix up with the form (and I will be changing this setting on our website to prevent any other mixups in the future so as to print the month name instead of using numbers for the months) but I am sorry that you drove all the way to the resort to be met with disappointment. We too wish you to have a special day on your anniversary.

We have never had a situation like this before in the 10 years we have run Fishpot Lake Resort. I was unable to send you a confirmation email or phone call letting you know at the time of your booking that this date was unsuitable for us, or that you had an error on your reservation form, before your arrival (only 3 hours later). So, if you would like we would be willing to hopefully help you feel better about this situation. By offering you another chance to stay at the resort later on this season if you wish: if you were to make a booking for a night stay we would be willing to let you have an additional free night stay to help compensate for your first drive out here. If you are interested in this please let us know.

Sadly, To date we have not received a response from you. You have been a kind guest in the past and I wish you would understand my family and business would never do anything to hurt your feelings intentionally or unitentionally, but it saddens us to see that you have chosen to write some very hurtfully remarks about our family run business in a great many places. And we wish our side of the story to be heard as well.

Fishpot Lake Resort

Reviewed 22 July 2004

Fishpot Lake made for an excellent and peaceful getaway.

The rental cabins have enough room inside for up to a family of four to six.
It took us about 1 hour 45 minutes to drive to the resort from Quesnel.

The cabins are stocked with all cooking and eating utensils which was a surprise. Even coffee cups are provided. All cabins have running water provided by a gravity feed system attached to a outside enclosed barrel.
Several boats and a canoe are available for rent at a reasonable cost.
We found the staff very courteous and helpful during our stay.
Although there a couple of minor inconveniences the backdrop, the service and isolation has a tendancy to offset any high expectations of a backwoods 5 star resort.
The lake and backgound provides a peaceful setting as you can hear the loons at night and watch the small flock of pelicans settle on the lake during the day. All in all it was a peaceful getaway
If you go out stressed, stay a few days as it makes for a nice peaceful get away.

Richard Champion