All reviews full kitchen beautiful beach living room oceanfront studio first floor literally steps favorite places grocery shopping year anniversary sandy ground lighter fluid small complaint answer any questions one bedroom unit great seafood carribean island past guests
Reviewed 30 July 2018

I stayed at Shoal Bay Villas for my solo b-day vacay July 12-19. I'm so glad that I got the oceanfront studio (even though the pool views are still only steps away from the beach). The staff are GREAT!!! Ms. Linda, Ms. Bea, Ricky, Ralph, Rachel, everyone, took great care of me. And the folks that vacation there regularly are awesome too!! Dewey and Jeanie (vacationers) and Ms. Linda (staff) threw a birthday party for me on the beach!!! Cake, champagne and gathered everyone! It was so NICE!!

Total relaxation on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world!!! When I return to Anguilla, I'll be staying at Shoal Bay Villas.

Room tip: Because it's so small, intimate, you can't go wrong with any of them (as far as beach access).
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Keba716
Reviewed 24 June 2018

There were 10 of us from all over the US ranging in ages from 13 to 75. The rooms were modest and plain but spacious, clean and comfortable. The hotel staff happily met our every need. The beach was as beautiful as Mead Bay. Our 2 bedroom was poolside and had a lovely porch with table and umbrellas. The kitchen had all the essentials to cook in for a family dinner. Gas grills were also available. Living room had large tv., comfortable furniture. Internet service was the best we have ever experienced on a carribean island.

Room tip: one Bedroom units are ocean view available, two bedroom units poolside only.
Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank postingtrot3
Reviewed 29 May 2018

This hotel has absolutely everything you need on the best beach in maybe the entire world. Not even a hurricane could stop this place from being wonderful. Went there in May of 2018 and couldn't tell any difference from my previous stays. Traveled with my wife and another couple and we all loved it. The people are so friendly and helpful.

Rachel, keep up the good work and I hope to see you soon.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mark S
Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

Shoal Bay Villas are the place to be!! After going through 2 Cat 5 hurricanes, we really needed time away. The Villa is super clean and the staff are beyond nice.. We will be back next year for sure! The huge beach was like having our very own beach will few other people around.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Darren T
Reviewed 30 April 2018

After years of staying in the West End, we opted to spend more time in the East End this year. Part of it was that the East End had less damage in the hurricane - just made it easier. I am so glad that we did. We loved having low key restaurants on the beach (sorry, but we knew we would miss Blanchard's so went for something different), walking to hear the Musical Brothers (aka Mr Decent), 264 Scratch Band, and Darvin at Maderiman's . Manoah had Boss on Saturday, so everything was easy.

But we really loved SBV. Kathy and her team made everything wonderful. We took many walks on the beach and did beach snorkeling - those are the wonderful days when you can see everything in the water.

Elodius rum punch is the best on the island and we would wind up there around 3pm. Ran into many folks there and it was fun.

All in all, I wish we were back there already.

Date of stay: March 2018