Shoal Bay Villas
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Picture this, you arrive in Anguilla less than a week after they have been hit by one of the most devastating hurricanes ever in the Caribbean (Irma).

The Island had no lights and very little running water at the time. Instead what welcomes us? Shoal Bay, my now forever home away from home! Cathy & Becky along with the staff were beyond amazing and will always be special to myself and our entire team!

To give you an idea, Our stay lasted two of the most memorable weeks of my life and I mean this with the deepest sincerity. The accommodations are perfect, the beaches are pristine. However nothing matched the hospitality of Shoal Bay. Yes, there is no bars or restaurants on property and I loved it, however venture into the various parts of the Islands and you'll find lots to choose from I promise.

I truly hope everyone will read this post and make plans to visit Anguilla and the beautiful property of Shoal Bay.

Your the vey best of what Anguilla has to offer and represent.

Stephen

Room Tip: Speak with the team to decide what your looking for.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank stephen d

Reviewed 26 August 2017

We love Anguilla, and for us it is the best place for spending your holidays, and Shoal Bay is really the best beach in Anguilla.

The Villas are nice, we had a New deluxe beach front, with a spectacular view of the beach and a good room and very good kitchen .
Internet work so and so, in your bedroom the one was very poor while in the dining room is ok and on the beach half and half.
But we have found the room very hot , because there are not too many windows , and the air-conditioning is only in the bedroom, this is for us was the main problem we have found.

Also reception was ok, even thought some person was more helpful and some totally not helpful, and we found the fact that it closed at 5 Pm not very helpful .

At te and very nice but with some improvement that they can made to have this place fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank shoalebay
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at Shoal Bay for our 20th anniversary. We chose Shoal Bay Villas after a family member recommended it. It was everything we hoped for and can't wait to go back. It was located in front of the most beautiful beach. The staff were all very friendly. It was quiet and not crowded. Looked into other villas/hotels, but so glad we chose here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Juleevt
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Finally getting around to writing a review. We were there July 14th – July 21st. It was our first visit to Anguilla. After much research, I narrowed it down to either Mead’s Bay (Carimar) or Shoal Bay East (Shoal Bay Villas). It was a hard decision and you want everything to be perfect for your first trip. The draw for me for SBE and SVE was value, location, and potential good snorkeling. I had already read many good reviews. Both areas had many restaurants in walking distance. Mead’s Bay had perhaps “more upper end” restaurants. But I am happy to report that we loved our location and being walking distance close to Madeariman’s and Manoah was fun and perfectly fine for dinners. Elodias, Hank’s (great breakfast), Gwen’s (don’t miss Sunday Fun Day) and Tropical Sunset (yummy drinks) all within walking distance too. Entire beach a bit less than a mile. We would have gone to Zemi for dinner, had we more time. We were able to drive to Hibernia, Falcon’s Nest and Serenity in the Island Harbor area. Also Artisan, Elite and Pit Stop are close drive, never made it there. On the East End, Best Buy and Tropical Distributor’s not a bad drive for provisioning. Absolutely DO rent a car, no matter where you stay, to enjoy everything the island has to offer. I digress. So we loved staying at SBV. We had a one-bedroom unit on the upper level. The accommodations were clean, efficient and bright. They had everything you needed. Loved, loved, loved our balcony! AC in bedrooms only. I will say it was very hot while we were there. We were OK with that, but I would not stay somewhere that did not have AC in at least the bedroom area. Lovely clean pool, although we never used it. Who needs a pool when you have that unbelievably gorgeous ocean. Fun “common area” with beach toys, a library and a shelf where people leave behind extra sun screen and bug spray in case you forget yours! If you want luxury and pampering, you won’t be happy here. But if you want simple, clean accommodations, with everything you need and the most beautiful beach and peace and quiet and within walking distance and easy driving distance to some fun restaurants, you will be fine. Umbrella and chair set ups provided for guests only. The staff and management were very friendly and helpful. They will help you with taxis, reservations, excursions, etc. Daily housekeeping attention and room service. We did not mind driving to check out other beaches during the day and driving to Sandy Ground and Mead’s Bay for dinner at night, but we did limit that to two nights. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Just about all of the rooms are ocean front. The 2-bedroom units overlook the pool which are still...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kimba834
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Clean comfortable rooms. Excellent staff ready to meet your needs and answer any questions. Quiet location. Short walk to beach front places to eat, drink, and on certain nights, listen to music. A great get away from the craziness of a city. Your biggest decisions of the day, "Do I swim in the pool, or in the ocean?" "Do I read or take a nap?" It is best to rent a car. The island is small, but there is much to explore.

Room Tip: We got a tour of many of the options available. I would recommend any room. Just select by the num...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
14.2 km away
Meads Bay Beach Villas
Meads Bay Beach Villas
#6 of 13 in West End Village

Been to Shoal Bay Villas? Share your experiences!