All reviewsclose to the airportquito airporthumming birdsla jimenitahis sonminutes from the airportbeautiful propertynext morningstayed longerbird watchinginternational airportflight pathbetween flightstwo nightsextensive groundshome away from homerooms are spacious
Reviewed 9 August 2015

We left Quito and in less than an hour we were at the Hacienda. It has been in the family for over 200 years. Just over a year ago they turned it into a small hotel. We arrived around 1 pm checked into our beautiful cozy and comfy room then headed out to the trails. We stopped at a convenient sheltered bench on 1 trail and had some snacks. Then continued on along the canyon trail, we ran into llamas grazing and no one else.
Returned to lounge in hammocks and read, something we had not done on our adventures in the Amazon and Quito. Had a delicious fish dinner and then we witnessed the Super Moon and it was a Blue Moon too. Our host brought out a telescope to get even closer. The next day after breakfast we walked to Pifo, the town nearby. Just a very small local town and it was Saturday so everybody came to town to shop and sit in the Plaza like us and people watch. We bought cheese, bread and beer for our afternoon walk then stopped at the Cevecheria to eat as it was filled with locals. The ceviche was fresh and good. We were the only tourists in town. The owners, father, sons and mother were all a delight to speak with and learn about the history of the hacienda and daily life here in the mountains. Thank you, Daniel, Diego, Emilio and Jimena and staff.

1  Thank marynaturelover
Diego C, Owner at Hotel Casa de Hacienda La Jimenita, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2015

Hello Mary, thanks for your review and sharing your experience.
Its true, to stay at least 2 nights to enjoy the full experience, most of our guests that stay 1 night, cannot enjoy everything. Thanks for your support.
DIego

Reviewed 8 August 2015

We arrived late and left early, but what a beautiful place. We would have liked to stay and explore but time constraints made it impossible. The proprietor and his dog made us feel welcome. Thank you and we will come again

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank My3andme

Hello, thanks for yor feedback.
We appreciate your support.
You are always welcome.
Diego

Reviewed 8 August 2015

You almost don't need to read this review - everybody before me has already praised the place. Just book! But, to say some more: my trip around Ecuador was going to finish with me flying back to Quito (from Loja, in the south) one afternoon, and then not flying on home until the following afternoon, so my wife booked la Jimenita, from the web, as a stop-over. She vaguely said I could "walk around the gardens a bit in the morning". Well: my 18 hours at the hacienda hugely exceeded my expectations: this was no "airport hotel" [although the taxi pick-up and return was slick and faultless]. Rather, it was one more holiday destination, and a day of joy to remember. Instead of me saying much more here, go visit their website - and then I'll say that it really is that good. Particularly: it really is that much "home from home" - everyone feels relaxed immediately. The hacienda's two (small) house dogs obviously know that their mission in life is to show friendly attention to all guests - it was delightful to see children relaxing with them in the house lounge before supper, and when I went out the following morning to enjoy the shade in a hammock on the lawn, they came with me and snuggled underneath it. (This is seriously good relaxing - dog therapy! - before or after long air flights with their check-ins and security and hassle.) And regarding the hiking trails on the property - you can just laze on hammocks and verandahs and admire the views, or you can also do what I did: wear serious walking shoes [rough woodland trails, with some drops] and go off for up to two miles. I saw two vultures - I walked round a corner of the cliff path and they were just ten yards away from me, and then just flapped leisurely off into the up-currents - and several humming birds, and so many Ecuadoran plants.
[PS: finally: I've ticked below that this is "good for business trips": all I mean by that is comfort, wifi, and convenience for the airport - 15 minutes taxi, whereas Quito city centre is nearly an hour from the airport. But if you're wanting to "do business", you might well want to be in the city instead....]

Room Tip: Just look at the website, or talk to the staff. Simple!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank DafyddM_13

Hello and thanks for your support. We hope your short experience was great and yes, this IS NOT AN AIRPORT HOTEL...ITS A DESTINATION, a little gem waiting to be discovered. I wished you could have come before, but always welcome again. Fares and Maya, do make you feel warmth, part of family and our lives, without them im sure we cannnot be the same. They bring such joy and friendly atmosphere.
Thanks for everything.
Regards,
DIego

Reviewed 7 August 2015

We stayed at this property overnight on our way to Guayaquil. The owners are very friendly and speak excellent English. They had a driver meet us at the airport when we arrived late at night, and return us there in the morning. The property has been in the family a long time, and they are trying to restore it to native woodland.

1  Thank Ruthela1947

thanks for your review we really appreciate it and hope you can visit us soon!
diego

Reviewed 3 August 2015

If you want to experience living in the style of a wealthy landowner with your own hacienda, then this is the hotel for you!, the staff is wonderful, food was excellent, rooms beautiful with antiques and gorgeous, update bathrooms! For an authentic fell of the countryside,you will ove this hacienda

1  Thank plevett

Hello Paul,
thanks for your review. It is a country side experience and im glad you fell part of it!
Regards,