“Superb, and dog-friendly too!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Kabuis Apartment

Kabuis Apartment Lounge
Kabuis Apartment Kitchen Kabuis Apartment Double Bedroom with En suite facilities
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Kabuis Apartment Kitchen
Kabuis Apartment Double Bedroom with En suite facilities
Shawbost in another wonderful sunset, just at the back door.
The very start of the Coastal Walk - Shawbost to Dalbeg, Dalmore or even Garenin Blackhouse Village.
Lighthouse at Port of Ness
View of the Main House, Chalet and Kabuis Apartment
Our local beach here at Shawbost - an expanse of white sand.
Your our coastal walk heading to Dalbeg, Dalmore or Garenin Blackhouse Village.  A very long wall.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available
Overview
Condo/Apartment -
1 Bedroom, 2 Bathrooms, Sleeps 2
Shawbost, Carloway, Isle of Lewis, Lewis and Harris, Outer Hebrides, The Hebrides, Scotland

Reviews from our community

Excellent - based on 29 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Alan F
Portree, United Kingdom
“Superb, and dog-friendly too!”
Reviewed 26 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

The hospitality was excellent and I and Mini, my dog, were given a warm welcome when we arrived.
The house, an extension tacked onto the rear of the family home, was very comfortable and up-to-date with wi-fi, a small hi-fi unit in the kitchen/dining room area. There is a fridge/freezer but the freezer is very small. Rhoda told me that if I had anything that wouldn't go into the freezer, that she could put it into their own.
On cold nights, or just when the weather is not so warm, there is an electric blanket on the bed. I didn't discover this until the second week, but it was most welcome when I did use it as the weather was often cold. Yep, in May!
Because of the adverse weather conditions, sometimes it was impossible to go out and do anything useful, so being a keen photographer, I busied myself with photographing the still life subjects around the kitchen/dining room area. The small, traditional cottage-style windows – three in total, were just ideal for natural light illumination.
I was able to visit the Callanish Stones, Carloway Broch and the Blackhouse fairly easily as they are within a short driving distance from the house. As it happens, I was able to visit them more than once to see if I could get some better shots.
One thing I didn't like was the cooking facilities. The cooker was gas. I don't have a problem with that, but the oven was a little strange. There was an instruction manual in a drawer that showed a diagram of the oven, but when you looked at the front of the oven, there were no numbers at the knobs, like temperature, etc. How do you decide what temperature to put the oven at if there aren't any numbers? Well the problem didn't arise for me as I didn't need to use it. So don't buy anything that requires to be oven cooked. The oven appears to work, at least the fan came on and a light lit up the interior, but I didn't investigate further. I need numbers and there weren't any so...

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Accommodation and hospitality
Liked least: The oven without the numbers
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Recommended for:
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
28 May 2015
Upon arrival the guest had been shown around the property, clearly outlining that the markings, had been removed from the cooker, as a result of another guest using solvents to clean the cooker. We are ever so sorry that our gas hob was not acceptable, however, having guided our guest to the instruction manual, it was not rocket science to be able to use the cooker, like all our other satisfied guests.
photolass
Telford, United Kingdom
“Great Apartment and Spoiled Rotten by Rhoda”
Reviewed 24 May 2015 for a stay in May 2015

A lovely apartment in the owner's house with your own entrance into the kitchen, diner lounge. One step up to the bedroom with its compact ensuite. Good design has given plenty of space in the main area. Welcomed by Rhoda and Neil with lovely salmon both fresh and smoked and home baking kept coming in. A good base and central for the various beaches to visit on Lewis.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cosy sitting room
Liked least: A little bit of a trail to the entrance door but no problem for younger fitter guests.
ruthesimm...
“Fantastic accommodation and such welcoming owners”
Reviewed 26 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015

had a brilliant holiday here with our dog. Rhoda and Neil were so welcoming and full of great information and tips to ensure we got the most out of our visit to the outer hebrides (including an unforgettable trip to St.Kilda!). The accommodation was idea for the 2 of us and our dog and although attached to the main house, it felt very private and we came and went as we pleased. Would recommend this highly to any couple looking for a place to relax and feel at home after a busy day exploring the island.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: It was all first rate and therefore I cannot single out any one thing I liked best.
Liked least: Nothing
Your age range 65+
Recommended for:
Older travelers
Gundelfingen, Germany
Reviewed 8 September 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$81
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing