Firstly this is one of the larger island resorts in the Maldives , however apart from the main restaurant , you hardly saw any other guests.The water villa was stunning , spacious and clean , attention to details were second to none.The only negatives being the uneven mattress and the lights around the bed.These under-bed lights would come on automatically if there was any movement around the bed at night.I guess this system was to make it easier seeing your way around in the dark, but it was like Blackpool illuminations , it really needs to be a more subtle lighting.
The food was exceptional , some of the best resort food I have ever had , the breakfast was sumptuous and so much choice , both from the buffet and a la carte, dinner was also impressive especially the Japanese restaurant.
The service , well if you like a personal service with managers hanging around at breakfast , enquiring how your vacation is going ( which my partner and myself hate ) you’ll be disappointed, but for us it was fine.The breakfast staff could be ‘hit and miss ‘ some were definitely more approachable and welcoming than others.
Fitness center was impeccable , the team there were exceptionally knowledgeable and made a great protein shake!
You really do need deep pockets to stay at the one and only and things do not come cheap.A simple birthday cake for my partner came in at nearly £300 , even for the Maldives this was an extortionate amount, I don’t necessarily feel that the prices you paid at the One and only was reflected in the service you received.
I can’t finish this review without mentioning our fabulous concierge Yoshi, she really had her work cut out with the rather demanding guests we were with , but her professionalism , enthusiasm for her work shone through and she really made the trip for us, especially for helping me with the preparations for my partners birthday, thank you so much Yoshi!
Altogether a fantastic , large and spacious resort , just ensure your pockets are deep enough for the One and only experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Serene and private Maldives resort. One&Only Reethi Rah offers 128 private resort villas well separated along the shore, either on the beach secluded by lush tropical greenery, or set above the clear, protected waters of the lagoon. Designed in an elegant contemporary style, these are among the largest resort villas in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, Agoda, Prestigia, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your One&Only Reethi Rah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One And Only Reethi Rah, Maldives
- One&Only Reethi Rah, Maldives Hotel North Male Atoll
- Reethi Rah Maldives