15 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$1,884
Hotels.comUS$1,884
PricelineUS$1,884
WHotels.comUS$1,884
CheapTicketsUS$1,884
Orbitz.comUS$1,884
1,466 results
All reviews fish restaurant our honeymoon private island beach villa four seasons plunge pool f b sea plane male airport sea turtles the general manager water sports remote island ocean side sound system overwater bungalow the entire staff
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 January 2020

I knew W Maldives was going to be amazing the second we got off the plane. Someone from the resort met us at the gate and brought us to the W lounge to wait for the sea plane, confirmed all our information, AND checked us in. When we got to the island, the staff was all lined up to greet us...they even greeted us by name which is such a "W" touch. So personal! The island was absolutely the most beautiful place I've ever been. The water was SO clear, the food was amazing, and most of all the staff was off the charts! (Shout out to Silva and his insane Strawberry Margaritas!). Everyone made my husband and I feel like family...as if we've all known each other for years. We are already planning our next trip back! Thank you so much to the W Maldives!

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 6 January 2020

We have been at W Maldives for our honeymoon and our stay has been perfect:
- location: you can't ask for a better place! the shape of the island gives you many options of beaches, reefs, and gradients of colors of water. The island is tiny but amazing
- food: really good quality and variety! There are also many themed dinner that we didn't choose because don't eat a lot and we preferred order a-la-carte
- staff: this is the other amazing part of the W, its staff! all of them are very supportive, helpful and nice, we had a very good time and service
- music: loved the music in common areas by the resident DJ and loved the BOSE system in our "retreat" (villa) where you can stream music inside the villa and on the outside
- villa: we looooved it! we got a beachfront villa and not an over-the-water bungalow and we don't regret at all, at the opposite! the villa is amazing, very spacious, with an amazing bathroom and a very comfy outdoor area with private pool, private access to the beach and a private terrace with a stunning panorama and a relaxing swing chair.
- SPA: it's superb! I am used to go to the spa monthly and the W treatment here has been fantastic. Definitively in my top 3! We did a couple treatment (Bubble Treat), with steam room, 30" scrub, 60" massage, 15" facial mask, 30" bubble bath over the water with a champagne bottle!

There are also many activities that can be done (boat rental, dinner in a private island, etc) but we just enjoyed our time together and only did snorkeling (you can get your equipment from the diving center and keep for the entire length of your stay) and jet-sky. I def recommend it!

Room tip: Beachfront Villa
1  Thank ponticellinks
Reviewed 31 December 2019

Wonderful stay; unique place and extremely kind employees; food delicious and chef ready prepares anything you fancy
A dream place to come back anytime. Seafare transfer easy and perfectly on time.
Keep it up.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2019

Staff was excellent and weather was great but other than that- don’t bother. We stayed in an over water bungalow which is RIGHT next to the trans plane take off and landing so every hour, you’re hearing loud, obnoxious engines and no use for relaxing. The coral is dead and snorkeling was awful. We’ve stayed in a few resorts in the Maldives and I love to snorkel but this place had some of the worst. The food is over, OVER PRICED (I know they have to import everything but c’mon, $150 for continental breakfast?!). Honestly, stay somewhere else when coming to the Maldives.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank alexiadawn7
Anuj-Sharma-W, General Manager at W Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2019

Dear alexiadawn7,

Thanks for taking time to share your feedback of your stay at W Maldives. I am saddened to hear that you did not find our hotel worth your spends. Making sure we hear our guest feedback and improve is paramount to our success. I do wish you had shared this with us during your stay as we would have gladly addressed your concerns. As countless reviews on this review site mention, our guest love how abundant and beautiful our reef is despite this country going through a massive bleaching event in 2016, I am surprised to hear your discontent with your snorkeling experience. The property is blessed with a house reef that is recovering very well from the El Nino impact and we are doing everything to play a small part in this crucial job we owe to our planet. We agree that pricing can be steep in this part of the world as you mentioned being remotely located, but finding value in the variety and quality served is the key. Hope you will find some confidence in us and return to experience the property in a different light. Thanks again for choosing us for your holidays!

Anuj Sharma

Reviewed 28 December 2019

I'm leaving the review on TripAdvisor because for some reason I cannot post it to Marriott.com (the trip was in July 2019).
Traveling to the Maldives was a once in a lifetime experience and we really agonized over whether to splurge on the Sheraton or to really tighten our belts and go to the W. All I can say is that this was singularly the best experience I have ever had at a resort. Never before have I landed on a seaplane to be greeted by a large number of resort staff waving hello and greeting me by name before we've even been introduced.
It was not cheap, but paying for the inclusive food took all concerns off of my mind and I could simply enjoy the amazing relaxing experience of getting lost in this paradise. We got an over-water bungalo, but even toured one of the beachfront rooms and thought that both rooms had unique characteristics that made them special. It was so fun to enjoy the quiet night of the water lapping underneath the balcony and look up at the stars.
One thing we enjoyed was playing volleyball on the beach with the employees and going to some of the scheduled sporting events that were hosted by the fitness team. It was so cool to be able to jump off our balcony straight into the ocean and then enjoy snorkling!
Special shout out to the following employees, who went above and beyond to make the experience so special:
Kao - The spa manager was really friendly and would chat with us at breakfast and made us feel welcomed as old friends rather than as customers.
Yulia - Her sly smile helped plan the perfect birthday surprise for my partner! It was amazing to come back from dinner and find twhat she had cooked up.
Mark - This friendly guy is going nonstop with the fitness programs on the island... even though one morning I was the only person who showed up for the sunrise run, he still went on a jog with me!
Rashid - Our room attendant kept the amazing accommodations constantly stocked with essentials and he was always a friendly face.

Room tip: I believe it is the north facing bungalos that have views which do not face toward the island.
Date of stay: July 2019