“Pavlova got 10 out of 10”

Mrs Salisbury's Famous Tea Rooms
Ranked #1 of 115 Restaurants in Maldon
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Founded in 2014, Mrs Salisbury's optimises the Great British tea room. Our tea room is proudly situated in the blue plaque dwelling of the late Edward Bright, The Fat Man of Maldon. Occupying Rose Cottage at the rear of Church House, our quaint tea room oozes charm and character, with seating over two floors and an idyllic courtyard. Whether dining inside on a cosy winters day or outside in Brights Path, we offer a service like no other in Maldon.
Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

I invited some friends for a coffee and cake after lunch at mine on Saturday afternoon. We were served by a lovely member of staff and one of my friends ordered the pistachio pavlova. When it arrived, it drew admiring comments from people on the neighbouring table and my friends were so amazed with it they took a few obligatory photos of it as well. Needless to say, the pavlova tasted as good as it looked!!

Reviewed 8 September 2015

Popped into this very atmospheric tea room for lunch. The staff attentive and salads lovely. Need to work on getting the coffee really good. Lots of cafes just don't know how discerning customers can be over the quality of their coffee but this was not the worst I have had. Lots of specials and would return for another lunch ( hoping my coffee okay!).

Reviewed 6 September 2015

Lovely old building with quality breakfasts and lunches. Homemade desserts and cakes. Well worth a visit!

Reviewed 2 September 2015

Whenever I visit Maldon I always have coffee and cake here. The cakes are delicious - or if you prefer something simpler, you can enjoy a tasty toasted tea cake or chunky toast and jam. There are paninis and sandwiches at lunchtime and today the people at the next table were tucking into a breakfast fry-up (available up to 11.30 I believe) which looked tempting!
The tearoom is in an attractive old, beamed building with sympathetic decor and it is also possible to sit outside at all times of the year.
I've always found the staff very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Thes was a Delightful brunch, delicious fresh food good selection of beverages and very pleasant service