“Skip the lobster ravioli and mediocre service!”
Review of Divieto Ristorante

Divieto Ristorante
Ranked #2 of 299 Restaurants in Doral
Price range: US$20 - US$120
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The best of the Italian cuisine fused with a classic American touch. Certificate of Excellence 2014, 2015, 2016 & 2017 Winner. A casual dining experience that provides the quality and service of a fine dining restaurant in a casual, relaxed environment. Offering more than 70 signature Italian dishes, from the ultimate tableside experience where a creamy fettuccine Alfredo is tossed inside a Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese wheel, to original fresh salads, grilled-to-perfection steaks and thin-crust-pizzas! Located in Doral and Estero, FL. Open daily for lunch & dinner. COMING SOON Aventura Mall & Destin Commons.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I really wanted to love this place. I had driven past it for the past 5 years and never made a stop, but finally last night (4-5-18) we did. When I pulled up I noticed valet took over a major section of the parking lot. I happened to see a spot that was not valet and open, and so I parked, but not without getting a terrible look from the valet (I do not like valet- they are never "responsible" for damage and even when valet is a must, I still pay and park myself). We walked in and the restaurant was lovely, dimly lit, romantic, but what was odd was that they had beautiful ceiling tiles with exposed ducts. Not sure if that was the look they were going for, but it felt like classic meets industrial- not cute IMO. The hostesses were super sweet and were ready to seat us right away! The table in which we were seated at was awkward in location. We were not THE closest to the kitchen but close enough and right where the waiters put in orders, accept payment, and where the food comes out. The waiter was average in that he did his job, but he was not spectacular or memorable (I will add to this). We ordered a kids cheeseburger (minus the cheese) for our son, the special appetizer for the night (I forgot the name but it was scallops and shrimp with chipotle & mango sauce), my husband had the mascarpone pasta, and I had the lobster ravioli. The kids burger was massive, and although we didn't have high expectations it was pretty darn good! Our appetizer was interesting. I typically do not like the chipotle flavor at all, but this was fantastic! The scallops and shrimp were cooked perfectly and the sauce had a nice late heat that was not over powering at all. I appreciated that the kids meal and the app came out together but it was the only courtesy afforded. The food came out a short time later, and as the food runner was still putting food on my dish the waiter appears to ask how the meal was, I couldn't really give feedback so I smiled. My husband's dish (the mascarpone pasta) was fantastic! It was creamy and rustic and the mascarpone gives a flavor unlike one I have ever tasted in a savory dish; this is a star for sure. The lobster ravioli was a huge let down. For starters, it is supposed to be an ala vodka sauce which is pink, though it was not. This dish was arrived orange and with drizzled with balsamic. I checked the menu again, and no where on that dish does it indicate balsamic. If you HATE balsamic like I do, it is a hard dish to eat and I am not a fan of sending anything back. My first impression was that this sauce tasted more like a lobster sauce. It was very tart in flavor, and with balsamic it only further compounded the tartness. The ravioli had ZERO lobster chunks, at least not in the 3 I ate (there were 6 on the plate). At that point I was out of water and the waiter was no where to be found so I just stopped eating because I was extremely disappointed in my dish and I could no longer force myself to eat something that I did not like. My husband realized immediately and offered me his plate (he pointed out that there was no way I was "full" after 3 ravioli in such a small dish). We swapped dishes, though I took some of his pasta and put it in the small bread dish. The waiter eventually shows up to fill my water, but was clueless as to what happened and didn't even stick around long enough for me to voice any concern, or even ask for more cheese. At this point we just ate our food. I ate some of my husband's, he ate what I left and then we shared the half of the kids burger (like I said it was massive!) My son was tired, and cold so he came over and sat on my lap, and that is when the waiter reappeared to clear our dishes and ask if we wanted dessert. I was tired of waiting for him to disappear and reappear without care so we just asked for the check and left. The service was not horrible at all, but it was missing care and finesse, mind you- we made no outlandish requests- just really wished he was a little more attentive and asked if we had been before, made recommendations and was just cognizant of our cues like for the water or waiting until I can taste my food before asking if everything was alright. I deducted 1.5 starts each for the awful lobster ravioli, and the mediocre, at best, service. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT ORDER the lobster ravioli! Will we come back? I don't know. The truth is that we live in Broward and this place disappointed in food and in service so it is probably not worth the hike back to the area were I spend my entire day.

Daniela D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Divieto Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi impactnaomi, thank you for taking your time to write this detailed review about your experience at Divieto Ristorante. We are very sorry to know that we did not meet your expectations and did not live up to our own high standards.
Providing our guests with an attentive, friendly service and high quality, delicious food is our priority and in this instance, we certainly failed to do this.
We want you to know that we value your comments and will let our executive chef know about your opinion of the 'Lobster Ravioli'.
We know that there are hundreds of restaurants to choose to visit, and for you to choose Divieto is a privilege we should not disregard, much less ruin.
And although we cannot, unfortunately, change what happened that evening, we would very much appreciate if you would allow us to show you we can do things differently. Please send an email to marketing@divietoristora… with your information and we will contact you.
We know that you have many dining choices and hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Went for lunch to check the place out. Good ambiance, Good atmosphere.
The pasta pomedora was good. The grilled asparagus was OK.
Vegans and Vegetarians please make sure about the ingredients you have to avoid with the Manager.

Daniela D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Divieto Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi NDDN, thank you for taking your time to write this review and for checking us out because it gave us the chance to serve you for the first time.
Thank you again for your comments and patronage. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I go quite alot in Divieto in Estero and did not expect to find one here.

Just landed from Paris and ask the hotel if there were any nice restaurants around. I was given a list and I saw it. I just love this restaurant, traveling alone go straight to the bar, there are often space (but not always). The bar attendant is very good, smiling and attentive to customers. There are few tv screen without sound and a live singer (at least tonight). He was good too.

This time i took a smoke salmon salad and it was just delicious.

If you have never been there have a try (book if you are a group) or you could wait.

How many Divieto there are?

Daniela D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Divieto Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hello Pascal, thank you very much not only for taking your time to write this review but for visiting us frequently.
Doral is the first Divieto Ristorante location, we opened our doors in 2012, Estero was our second and opened last year, and this year we will open two locations, in Destin and Aventura, FL. hopefully, you will visit these locations as well.
Thank you again for your kind comments and patronage. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

I was looking for an off-property restaurant from the Trump National Doral and found this Italian restaurant. The wait staff are outstanding and if you like Italian you’ll find many dishes that you will enjoy. I had broccoli and cheddar soup and the Mahi Mahi special on a bed of angel hair pasta. Free parking and a choice of booth or table (choose the table). Food quality was good and I certainly have no complaints.

Daniela D, Guest Relations Manager at Divieto Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi McFerrid, thank you very much for taking your time to write this review and for choosing us to serve you during lunch. Making sure our guests receive an attentive seevrice and delicious food is one of our highest priorities and wwe are pleased ot know you had the chance to experience it. We sincerely apreciate your business and look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

This place is lively and a great place for everyone, couples or families, the food is one up from fast food and the service was excellent, good menu and big portions and not overpriced and when we called on Saturday evening they had a singer, we’re going again tonight.

Daniela D, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Divieto Ristorante, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Hi Mike, thank you very much for taking your time to write this review. Making sure our guests have a great time at our restaurant is our highest priority and we are pleased to know you did.
In the restaurant business, our reputation and success are built one meal at a time and your continued patronage is very important to us. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Been to Divieto Ristorante? Share your experiences!