Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2015

We enjoyed our two-night stay at Touchwood very much. It was a very friendly place to stay and the breakfast was excellent. We thought it was very good value for money. The garden is large and very beautiful and there is seating if you want to benefit from the perfume of the flowers and the peacefulness.
We came by public transport and it takes about 15 minutes or less to walk from the Saxmundham Station but at night a torch is helpful (or flashlight on phone) as the path is not lit all the way.
We would definitely stay again if we were visiting the area.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2015

Found this place just outside of Saxmundham, about 12 minutes' walk. Clean and comfortable, with a really good shower. Super breakfast! It is lovely and quiet; has wifi too. I had to make the trip at very short notice, but Jo emailed me back very quickly after I contacted them. I only stayed one night, but would be a good place to stay for longer if on holiday.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2015

I have not had reason to visit Kelsale for some time due to not being free for birding for far too long. But my wife and I booked with Jo and Roger hoping that their standards had remained constant, as they had been several years ago, I was not disappointed.

The annexe room has been upgraded since my last visit and since the last somewhat vitreolic review by another bitter and somewhat twisted and overly precious guest. So, upgrades include a flatscreen TV, a new kettle.

Roger, Le chef extraordinaire, his cooked "full English" breakfast will keep
going throughout the day. Believe me. It will include a fried egg, 2 x rashers bacon, 2 locally sourced grilled sausages, grilled tomato, hash browns x 2, 4 or maybe 5 grilled mushrooms, 2 rounds of brown or white toast, take your pick. Coffee and tea, and orange juice.

Me, the wife and I had a wonderful time and we will return soonest we can.

obm and obmwifi

Room tip: For a relaxing, comfortable and value for money place to stay when visiting Minsmere, or elsewhere locally, look no further.
Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank veryoldbaldman
Reviewed 9 June 2015 via mobile

Fantastic three night stay with the perfect hosts Jo and Roger. I had the self contained annexe attached to the rear of the property overlooking Rogers immaculate garden, obviously his pride and joy. Breakfast was brimming with good tasting well sourced produce and room refreshed daily for your welcome return. It was a joy to stay somewhere where you could have complete confidence that everything will be catered for. Bravo Jo and Roger - and thank you.

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Si W
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with friends for one night midweek. I stayed in a twin room with a separate entrance around the side of the building but the breakfast room can be also be accessed through an internal door in the morning. Although the B&B is on Main Road, we were facing the garden and I heard no traffic noise at all. The beds and room in general was very comfortable with great facilities, tv, kettle with tea, coffee and biscuits. The en suite shower and toilet were superb.

The hosts, Roger and Jo were welcoming and friendly but also respected our privacy but made it known that they were they if we required anything at all.

Two of the group were up early and required breakfast at 6am which was no problem. I stayed a little longer and opted for a full English at 8am and it was wonderful. Beautifully cooked and presented and plenty of it too. There was also a selection of cereals and orange juice plus tea or coffee. No complaints there!

The accommodation is very reasonably priced and is ideally located for visiting RSPB Minsmere and the coastal towns of Aldeburgh and Southwold.

I'd highly recommend staying here and wouldn't hesitate in doing so again.

Date of stay: June 2014