Rumah Papa Homestay
  • Pool
Enasti(Berastagi)
  • Room Service
  • Pool
Sinabung Resort Hotel(Pondok Brastagi)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslocal culturesmall villagenorth sumatrastayed hereindonesiajungle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I stayed here after booking on Airbnb and was extremely happy with my stay. I was met by Aini the host at the local Indomaret that’s just a 5minute walk away. As we walked through the small village to the house the locals were so friendly and all said “Hello Mr” as we walked past. This is such a beautiful part of the world. The Homestay is a short distance (walking distance) from Bukit Lawang town centre or can catch a ‘jungle taxi’ for very cheap around the town. I felt very welcomed the whole time I was here and Aini taught me about some local ways of life that are very different to the ones in the West. Aini helped my with booking a jungle Trek and also cooked me yummy Bannana Pancakes for Breakfast and the BEST Me-Goring I’ve ever eaten. The worst part about me experience here was having to leave this beautiful Homestay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

We travelled to Bukit Lawang to see the Orang Utans but the stay at Rumah Papa alone merits the trip.

The place is beautiful and what made our stay special is the host: Aini - probably one of Indonesia’s friendliest hosts. With a big smile she picked us up in the middle of a thunderstorm and immediately made us feel home. As her English is very good, communication was easy and we learned a lot about the local culture.

Time flew as there is lots to do around. We learned our way first words of Bahasa and how to cook delicious curry, got an insight into local village life, strolled trough the rice fields and relaxed in the hammock on the rooftop. Whatever we’ve been up to, Aini and her lovely family were always there to make sure we get the best experience.

We can only recommend staying at Rumah Papa and hope we’ll be able to visit again.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2018

We met Aini the host quite lost looking for a bus to bukit lawang and it was really nice of her to show us the way but most of all to get to know a local girl. But most of all it was incredible to get a little idea about the sumatran culture from such an open and interesting person that lived there all her life.
Also we got introduced to her family who not surprisingly treated us really well. Such humble and beautiful people.
Of course there had to be done some interchanging culture thing, so I cooked smashed potatos because thats one of the things I know to cook. I guess somehow they even liked it. Haha.
I am happy to say that I got one friend richer in Bukit Lawang and I defenitelly recommend going there!

Stayed: June 2017
1  Thank Axel K
Reviewed 12 February 2018

We stayed here in 2014, when this place was still in the making but we had a wonderful, 'authentic indonesion' time with Aini and her warm-hearted family. They made us feel so welcomed! Aini speaks perfect English and is one of the nicest people we met on our travels through Indonesia!
Also, the house and the view are stunning!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2018

I am maybe the first guest of Rumah Papa Home stay.
I found Rumah Papa coincidently and to be honest still remember the awesome moments that I spent there with the super friendly host family.
The architect of house is fascinating and based on bamboo. The view gives the imagination of paradise and you'll be amazed with the traditional snacks and foods.
I do recommend this place and I promise you wont regret after experiencing this home stay.

Room Tip: Absolutely perfect if you looking more adventurous journey
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo