Hotel Lux(Vlore)
US$64
Hotel Liro(Vlore)
US$158
US$154
All reviewsswimming poolsea viewrestaurant staffseafoodrooms are spacioussunsetmirroralbaniavlorauji
Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Just outside Valona, this hotel is on the main road.
Recently refurbished, all rooms are spacious and very clean. Maybe having the television behind a mirror wasn't the best idea ever. You really can't watch it with some light in the room.

Breakfast on the average: good selection of food but I expected a bit better.

The restaurant serves great fresh fish but the bill can't be added to your room's bill (or at least they couldn't do it when I was there).

All the staff is very kind and gentle. Ready to answer to all your questions.
One of the best hotel I've been in Albania.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2017

I had to stay six weeks in Vlora for work. New York hotel offered a tremendous deal, combining a seaview, spacious room with excellent service by very friendly hotel and restaurant staff, a superbly located swimming pool, easy access to a (small) beach, ample parking space, remarkably good, yet inexpensive (sea) food and efficient office facilities. The location of the hotel is perfect, not too far from Vlora centre, but far enough to be free of vacationing crowds. It is at the end of the new Lungomare beachfront, which allows for pleasant walks or lengthy runs.
The only (minor) point for improvement could be the breakfast that is certainly adequate by regular standards but could be made a bit more in line with a four star hotel if some basics were added such as fresh orange juice, choice of bread, more egg variety, honey besides jams.

Room Tip: sea view rooms offer perfect sun rays and splendid sunsets
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

This is the first time I visit Vlore. My friends and I+love received 2 rooms in this hotel for 2 days. No words can describe the experience we had. Starting from entering the premises, you expect to be welcome by an usher to take you to reception and thing take your luggage to your room. That didnt happen, we were asked to take our own luggage and show our self to our rooms.
My room was nice, only because I paid a lot of money but my friend's room was a nightmare, ants in the bed, bad shower, no bidet, etc.
The pool is very small and filled with chlorine and they dont have a private beach nor a good beach to swim.
We thought a good night sleep and then a morning breakfast will do the trick and we might start to love the hotel. Huh, that didnt happen as well, the breakfast is only 2 types of cheese, corn flakes, 2 types of sweets and some fruits.

I have to give credit to the staff members, they are just amazing, friendly and very welcoming. They will try to help you anyway that is humanely possible.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

Room was very nice but the service was terrible. They only gave one key for three people and had to ask many times for another. When they gave me the second key, it was a master key, I could have easily do anything. Just not worth 75€

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

My first trip to Albania, a mix of business and pleasure.
Someone recommended Hotel New York in Vlorë so I booked it.
It's low season so obviously not busy and quiet cheap.
The hotel had organised a taxi to pick me up from the airport in Tirana, driver was there on time with my name on a sign. Perfect.
Arrived late-ish at the hotel after an uneventful two hour drive down to Vlorë. The lady at the reception spoke good English (I'd only notice later in my trip that she was an exception) got a superior room with sea view, down to the restaurant for dinner. I'm the only guest, but hey - it's low season. Got recommended a local beer by a friendly waiter (I've got Heineken at home...) and ordered a pasta with calamare in a nice sauce as a starter, perfect. Main course was pan fried sea bream with a side salad - excellent. Glass of local white wine, no idea what it was but tasty.
Excellent bed and shower. Clean room, stocked minibar. Breakfast the next morning reasonable, very good jam and coffee.
Would I stay there again? Well, the chance of needing to be there again in the foreseeable future is small, but I enjoyed myself (and Albania is a must visit quickly destination). I understand the hotel is making improvements for the spring and summer season. It could be, besides a tourist destination, convenient for smaller conferences.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris H
nando A, Front Office Manager at Hotel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2016

Dear Mr.Chris,
Thank you so much for your description on the way to our hotel. It is our pleasure to help our guests in their needs . What we consider the most important thing is the safeness of every person who choose us as their "home" . As you said before there are a lot of things to do for spring season, this is a good reason to visit us again in order to see the difference :). Thank you so much for this comment wich is the best way to be inspired and to work harder . Best regards from Vlora city :)