“One of the best stays of my life!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Soufriere
Nature Island Dive Resort
Reviewed 19 April 2017

The apartment at Nature Island Dive is very conveniently located in the heart of Soufriere with a great view of the Caribbean Sea. It is very clean and lovely with all of the amenities you need for a short or long stay. The only drawback to the convenient location is that it can be rather loud at times due to the wild roosters and the dance hall/bar right next door. The apartment and furnishings were very comfortable.

The diving with Nature Island Dive is some of the best diving I have ever experienced. I went diving with Simon, Tony, and Izzy and I loved every minute of it! At no point did I feel like I was on a cattle boat. Instead, Nature Island Dive appears to cater to smaller groups. They go above and beyond trying to make sure that you hit different dive sites no matter how long you are staying. (I was there for a month and only made dives on the same site twice if I asked for it.) The dive masters are all knowledgeable and quite entertaining (especially when they are together). The reefs are in excellent shape and full of biodiversity. It was great to see that the lionfish are being hunted regularly in this part of the island.

I have been to Dominica many times before and can't wait to return. When I do, I will be booking my dives with Nature Island Dive again! I can't recommend them enough!

Room Tip: Room with the best view is the noisiest from the bar, but "quieter" room in the back is no...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 March 2017

We come here for the diving and it NEVER disappoints! Usually an average of just 4 to 6 divers with highly personalized service. Right on the edge of the crater, you are a 5 to 10 minute comfy pontoonride to multiple and varied divesites. This is the Grand Canyon of diving folks! Walls that drop over 1000 feet, pinnacles to explore hundreds of times with new stuff to see every time, and divemasters that know every secret place to look. Special thanks to Tony, Simon, Izzy and Wiffie for always finding new adventues for us! Boat Captain Vivian practically carries us on and off the boat and watches out for our every need! He is a font of information on everything local. And what can I say about Bernisa? She looks out for your every need and never fails to smooth the way! She learned fro the best, Karen, Doc and Tony who as a family own the operation and lovely apartment on site. The perfect home base for your dive adventures! The village of Soufriere is small, friendly, authentic and safe. No operation or location is better situated to some of the best diving in the Caribbean and certainly in Dominica! We could not recommend more highly!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeborahRHV
Reviewed 3 February 2017

My wife and I had a day in Dominica on our cruise, and chose to do a two tank dive with Nature Island Dive. I'm so glad we did! Karen picked us up at the pier in Roseau and took us to Soufriere, giving us a history of the island along the way. The shop is located just off the beach, and we were diving in no time at all. Tony was our dive master, and he truly is a wonderful person. He was very patient with us (we are beginners) and showed us so much sea life we never would have seen on our own. You can really tell he cares about the ocean. The bay around the small village is picturesque, and the dives are just off shore. We had two great dives, and I am really excited to come back to Dominica to stay for a week with Nature Island Dive and explore more of this wonderful place!

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2016

We went diving with Nature Island Diving while we were on our honeymoon and it was a great experience. It was my Wife's first ocean dive and our divemaster was very helpful in making her feel safe and confident. They are also located very close to some great dive sites, so the time on the boat is very short! Also, they had great prices. We paid just over $100 for a two tank dive. I would highly recommend looking them up if you're looking for a diving outfit in the area!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2016

This was our second time diving with Nature Island Dive in Dominica - while on a cruise. Karen picked us up at the pier & drove us to their beautiful location. Both dives were amazing - led by Divemaster Tony. We saw two frog fish, two eels and a turtle, in addition to very healthy coral & sponges and lots of fish. If you like a very relaxed dive operation & experience, you will love diving with Nature Island!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple

Been to Nature Island Dive Resort? Share your experiences!