US$218
US$139
Hotels.com
US$144
US$118
Sunrise Farm Cottages(Castle Bruce)
US$100
Tante Arlette(Grand'Riviere)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$69
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnature island diveboat captainlion fishcaribbean seapersonalized servicein excellent shapethe reefsgreat viewkarenfeetsiteoperationstuffdominicavillagelifeedge
Reviewed 15 January 2012

4 days of diving, Dominica was my favorite. We were picked up from the cruise ship by the dive shop and had a nice tour of the beautiful island.

2 tank dives was approximately $100 (can't remember exact amount but definitely worth every penny.) This included our transfers.

Fantastic dives. Beautiful, great visibility, seahorses, lots of fish & turtles.

Highly recommend this shop. We dove with Tony, great guy!!

We did not stay at their cottages, can not rate them fairly.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank JenJSF
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Very nice people, good, individual service. Dominica offers great nature, calm place and short drive distances to other places. Dives were best at the Caribbean! I strongly recommend. They had also just completed the accomodation, and had great rooms (very stylish, new, great views to the sea and done with good taste). Would def. go back anytime!

Room Tip: Room with a sea view! When we visited other's were not completely completed, should be now, but haven't seen them
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank madog2mad
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I am not one to go on a cruise to dive, but NID was the best diving that I have done in years. They arranged pickup at the cruise ship port and made the booking seamless. To my surprise I was the only one diving so I got a personal dive at the same price. Most dive shops would cancel your dive, but they did not. The dives were incredible and I plan on a multiple week vacation here. The entire community seemed to be very personable and we look forward to seeing them again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CanadaSnowdiver
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We just returned from a RC Serenade of the Seas cruise out of San Juan. I booked a scuba trip on my own with Nature Island Dive. They met us at the port and transported to the dive shop in Soufriere. We did two dives in Soufriere-Scotts Head Marine Reserve. This was the highlight of my cruise! There were only two of us on the dive plus Oscar our dive master and the boat capt. Very personalized dives and Oscar pointed out so many fascinating sights including sea horses, eels, snakes, flying gunards, and many other things. The boat was very nice and easy to get in and out of. I will make sure that my next cruise includes a stop in Dominica again just to visit Nature Island Dive. This is a beautiful island and the diving is wonderful!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly H
Reviewed 21 March 2011

Having dived with Nature Island Dive for the past three years, we continue to appreciate the complete package of value, knowledge, service and attention to detail they provide.

The Soufriere Scott's Head Marine Reserve in which NID operates has won many "divers' choice" awards for "small stuff" - sea horses, frog fish, shrimps, corals and the like. On this tour, during which we each made ten dives over the course of two weeks, we saw a dramatic increase in "big fish" over past years. Certainly the largest was a Dogfish Snapper that would have weighed well in excess of 100-lb, but there were also schools and groups of smaller Dogfish Snapper, Horse-eye Jacks, large Yellowtail Snapper and good-sized individuals of other species. We also encountered Southern Stingrays and Spotted Eagle Rays as well as the obligatory "at least one sea turtle per dive," and were treated to a sizeable pod of dolphins after surfacing from an afternoon dive.

It's difficult to say what causes the changes in fish species to be seen in a particular locale over time, whether it's climate, over-fishing in nearby areas or the continuing evolution of the Marine Reserve itself, but it does add spice to our annual visits to Dominica. Try it!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple