We spent several days in a beautiful Backwaters homestay prior to our 7 nights here, and wondered whether it might feel a little too institutionalised and formal. In fact, we couldn't have been more impressed with every element of our stay at the Taj. The thoughtfully designed grounds and accomodation perfectly preserve both the sense of history and the natural beauty of the water, trees and wonderful birdlife. The food, too, was of the highest quality which is a critical factor at this type of location. We also loved the complimentary boat trips, late afternoon teas and snacks by the lake and the bird sanctuary. However, all of this would not have been the same without the fantastic service we received form everyone with whom we were in contact. It was characterised by attentiveness, responsiveness, humour and intelligence and is as good as we have ever experienced in a lot of world wide travelling. The hotel is clearly exceptionally well managed, all of the staff are well trained and motivated to provide a quality product. We were exteremely impressed, thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kumarakom is a popular tourist destination in the Kottayam district of Kerala. Located on the picturesque Vembanad Lake, Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom, Kerala, is a 30-minute drive from the Kottayam railway station or an hour's drive from Cochin city. Kerala's backwaters surround the 140-year old colonial bungalow which houses this resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, DerbySoftTaj, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Vivanta by Taj - Kumarakom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Hotel Kumarakom
- Taj Garden Retreat Hotel Kumarakom
- Kumarakom Taj Garden Retreat
- Vivanta By Taj - Kumarakom Kerala