All reviewslovely atmospherewell worth a visitlovely country pubgenerous portionssunday lunchpotatoesnew ownerscurryselection of beerssunny daywonderful mealreal alebar mealsroaring firebe visiting againlambwarm welcome
Reviewed 23 November 2015 via mobile

Went here tonight had a fantastic meal! Amazing staff very helpful and happy! Lovely food, a lovely warm log burning fire lovely atmosphere! A reasonable price for food and drinks A lovely pub all around! You want a cheap lovely dinner out definitely come here.

Stayed: November 2015
2  Thank sash94xx
Reviewed 31 October 2015

Went here this afternoon for a bite to eat...even though we were the only people in there at 4pm it was decorated for Halloween and had a lovely roaring fire going which made it feel very homely..staff were friendly and efficient! The food was 100%,my husband & I both ordered the 2 courses for £10 which was amazing value,I had the squid to start which was perfectly cooked as is always a worry when ordering this dish as a lot of places overlooking it resulting in a lot of un-enjoyable chewing but this was lovely well seasoned with a lovely sweet chilli sauce,my husband had the Camembert with onion relish which was equally as tasty now on to the main courses....hubby had the ribeye steak topped with Stilton & chips which he said was lovely & I ordered the lamb rump which I must say is the nicest lamb I have ever had...it was cooked to perfection and melted in the mouth it was amazing..came with a tasty pancetta & leek sauce which complimented it perfectly & lionaisse potatoes which were lovely!!! Excellent value & lovely setting will definately be coming back here!!!

Stayed: October 2015
Reviewed 12 October 2015

Had been here quite a while ago and thought we would come and try the 2 courses for £10 or 3 courses for £14.50, was not put off by previous reviews as when i read someone complained about spiders in there room i thought to myself.......well we are in the countryside and thats where you would find spiders, we live in the city centre and we have spiders. On to the food and service, quite busy when we arrived which is always a good sign, there were 5 of us and all went for the £10 for 2 courses, for that price it`s not worth turning your cooker on at home.
Most of us started with the goats cheese with salad leaves and beetroot from the pubs allotments i was told by the nice girl who served us, this was top notch voted by all of us, good portion as well for the price.
I had for my main pan fried pork fillet with chips in a pancetta and leek sauce which went down really well, the size of the meal was just right, not to large and not to small, my daughters boyfriend had lamb shank which WAS huge considering what we were paying, the rest had gourmet burgers with cheese bacon tomato and bbq sauce and chips.I was the only one to go the 3 courses and had sticky toffee pudding with homemade ice cream which everyone wanted a taste of as it was sooo good. The people around us seemed to be enjoying there food as well.
At the end of the day we had good food at a really good price which all you can ask for.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank MelvinNewportGwent
Reviewed 10 October 2015

Very average, menu not what is advertised. Beer garden rubbish bins overflowing, rooms damp and tired, bar dated and shabby. Location is the only plus point, nice and quiet, with a pretty stream.

Landlady was stressed and over worked

Stayed: September 2015
Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

Well, it's a beautiful place to be, lovely and out of the way, quiet. The room is okay, but the fact on the booking it's classed as a luxury with toiletries it's not. It's basic and has no toiletries. The fact there was around 9 spiders in the room and moths and little flies made it all the more horrendous, I didn't even want too shower in the worry I'd come out even dirtier, it's also dirty, the bath needs a good scrub and the headboard on the bed. The landlady is very nice don't get me wrong. But I'd rather stay in a clean accomodation. Was kind of scared I'd get eaten in the night. Plus, having people smoke cigarette outside your window when you are not a smoker yourself is disgusting.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple