See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for one night only for business, which was a pity because it’s such a beautiful place I wish I could stay longer! We arrived at 9pm and the receptionist called us informing that they close at 8pm but will leave the keys in a code locker nearby for us. The room was beautiful and very big for german standards!! I travel a lot in Germany for business especially in small towns like this, and usually the rooms are charming but very small, but this was really luxuriously decorated and very comfortable. In the morning when I woke up I could see a lovely view over the town. I saw a Michelin 2018 sticker on their door but the restaurant was close when we arrived which was a pity! Breakfast spread looked very good, much bigger selection than normal hotels and some delicious looking specialty sausages. The dining room also has an amazing view! I would come here again for private just to stay at this hotel!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2015 via mobile

This hotel placed in the middle of the city is very nice and cosy. Rooms are large, modern and extremely clean ; high quality of beds. Take your time for a breakfast, it will be a real pleasure.
In addition, the restaurant near the hotel is very good, taste it !

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

Very nice rooms. Very tipical, beautiful decorated. The food at the hotel is very good. They have 2 differents hotels, and both ones have a great ambients. The price is super faire. I recommend to everyone.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2015

I travel to Bad Berleburg on business 3 or 4 times per year and I will only use the Alte Schule. The quality of rooms and food is quite simply the best. I have stayed in both the Alte Schule and Alte Museum and both are finished to the highest possible standards with plush furnishing and high quality fitments, the owners have spared no expense. Even the hotel Zimmerman which is not quite as plush (although the views over the park and lake are brilliant) is still a country mile ahead of the competition. Cleanliness in all three annexes is 100%

The quality of wine, bier and food is of a 5 star service and the staff are always pleasant and happy to see you (and they all speak English). Given this review you might be expecting a price tag to match but this is not the case. Both rooms and food are very reasonable.

All in all, I would not and do not hesitate to recommend this hotel to work colleagues and customers. Simply brilliant.

Room Tip: For ultra quality ask for a suite in the Alte Museum
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This is the result if you change a former schoolhouse into a hotel. The architect did his job very well and created modern rooms with lovely details. If you visit the restaurant it will take time. The hotel is located in the heart of Bad Berleburg.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business