Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
ZenHotels.com
US$77
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
FindHotel
All reviews clothes dryer main building washing machine studio apartment small sauna porridge lovely resort short walk from the main hotel husky ride half board tourist office nuggets night stay double sofa bed main reception super market drying room
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 July 2020

The frontdesk staff was very friendly. But the room was absolutely disgusting. The beds were the smallest and narrowest I have ever seen in a hotel room, there was not a flat screen tv, but a 80cm deep one with a 20 inch screen. I think those might be a fire hazard. Sauna was a nice plus. The toilet was wet when we artived so it felt like someone had just been there. Not a nice feeling.

I have stayed in numerous Lapland hotels and always liked them a lot, but make sure to understand that this one is way below their normal standard! Roomwise this is a hostel or a camping house, not a hotel. Otherwise the breakfast and public areas were alright tho.

I understand that the room we got was their cheapest one, but still, it was absolutely a huge disappointment.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank PatrikL245
Reviewed 30 January 2020

I spent here one night during a business trip in Kittilä. Reception staff was friendly and reception was fast. My room was in the separate building, but the distance was only about 20 meters. Car park had electricity for motor heater, but I didn't need one.

Room was decent, but bathroom seemed a little outdated. Even though it was a room for 2 persons, there was a small sauna, which was a nice surprise. Sauna was ok.

Breakfast was good. There were basic stuff (porridge, scrambled egg, bacon etc.) and some very good cold fish.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Sirkantahti, Shift Manager at Lapland Hotel Sirkantahti, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2020

Hello!
Thank you for your feedback, we are happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us.

Welcome again!

Reviewed 1 January 2020 via mobile

Stayed here 2009 , and Levi ( is where we got engaged Xmas day 09 ) so where else to come back to with our sons 8 and 5 , it has changed a little bit the rooms still look like they did back then but to be honest that was ok as we were out 99% of the time so only there too sleep , the fine for setting smoke alarm off was a bit concerning so we were extra cautious with kettle , shower etc the clothes drier was an absolute godsend the room was easy to keep warm and was very tidy on arrival we stayed in block 500 so a short walk from reception the sledges free to use by reception are awesome , great idea , to the main building very fresh looking and plenty of space to sit and a nice log fire on the go to keep warm if free seats beside it , the staff are EXCELLENT and always friendly , smiling and keeping the place tidy and keeping the food topped up , so the food.....11 years ago must admit we were not impressed very basic not much choice.........well fast forward to now the food was awesome a good choice of the usual food us brits like , there was some lovely local food like reindeer and cheese soup ( mmmm ) and traditional Xmas ( Finnish ) rice pudding , if anyone goes hungry they must be extremely fussy , the gala dinner on Xmas day was really nice the usual turkey etc only gripe with that was that it was a free for all when Buffett opened but that was more the rep ( I mean elf’s ) fault would I go back to this hotel ?? 100% nd only a short walk to tourist info ( book trips from there not reps ) and close to ski slope.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Mikkydd
Sirkantahti, Shift Manager at Lapland Hotel Sirkantahti, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2020

Hello!

Thank you for your nice words, we are looking forward to seeing you again here some day!

Reviewed 30 December 2019

Stayed in a twin room. On arrival it seemed a long way from the main reception but it was in fact only a 5 minute walk.
Room was clean with excellent facilities including a kettle, microwave, dryer and sauna.
Buffet style restaurant with a good variety of both British or Finnish dishes to try.
The animation ‘elves’ worked very hard to ensure our Christmas experience was amazing.

1  Thank G11GBJ
Sirkantahti, Shift Manager at Lapland Hotel Sirkantahti, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2020

Dear G11GBJ,

Welcome again!

Reviewed 29 December 2019 via mobile

Family of 6 stayed Dec 23rd till 26th.
The hotel itself was everything we needed for our 3 nights.
We had 3 twin rooms in the building just across from the main reception and restaurant. I was pleased we were so close, if only for our arrival. With suitcases, bags of thermals, kids and hand luggage in tow I wouldn't have liked being any further away.
We travelled with Tui, who overall were pretty good. The only let down for us was the Christmas day excursion to see Santa and for our taster sessions.
I still have no idea where they took us but it consisted of an elves school, a bakery which you didn't bake anything in, just decorated a cookie, Santa's bedroom and Santa's post office. We were there for 2 hours and given a time to see Santa. Unfortunately he was running an hour late so we had a long, boring wait but got there eventually.
Afterwards we were taken for our snow mobile taster and husky taster.
The snow mobile was actually a sledge taxi down to the husky track. Why on earth we had to sign a disclaimer with the threat of a €980 fine if we crashed is was beyond us! I certainly didn't class that as our snow mobile taster and actually asked when we were going to do them afterwards.
The husky taster was also pretty bad. Once round a bare track in the middle of a field!
This was my 4th time in Lapland and I've never had such a bad taster day ever. I certainly will look to book DIY next time.
Back to the hotel...food was ok. Not a lot of choice but it did the job.
The Christmas gala dinner was a bit of a let down. It was buffet style with a free for all style service. Not table by table but everyone queuing to get their food. My daughter actually said we looked like the homeless queuing at a soup kitchen on Christmas day!!
The overall organisation from TUI just seemed a bit poor.
That aside, the resort of Levi is amazing. Definitely the best Lapland resort I've been to.
I would definitely return and I'd stay in this hotel again, but I'd book it as a DIY and not a holiday package next time, as its so easy to book any excursions you want to do when you arrive.

Trip type: Travelled with family