Review Highlights
Two fell snowmobile excursion

We booked the 2.5hr two fells tour at 10am on NYE. We were 2A and 2C, it was a particularly cold... read more

Reviewed 4 January 2024
h0lidayl0ver
Devon
Clothes hire

We hired snowsuits and boots off Perhesafarit during our stay in Levi. The staff were really... read more

Reviewed 16 December 2023
Windmills1980
England, United Kingdom
via mobile

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Levi
from €156.00
from €158.00
from €196.00
from €153.50
More Info
All reviews doughnuts reindeer farm snowmobile safari great fun snow mobiles booked through inghams no hesitation frozen lake stopped half way snow covered small group hot drinks tour company once in a lifetime fantastic experience ice fishing pod
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 November 2022 via mobile

Staying in Levi at the moment, booked through Inghams, and our first trip of the week was snowmobiling with this Company. Not having done anything like this previously, and having a few medical issues, I admit to having a bit of a ‘wobble’ before the ride. Thankfully, when I explained about my difficulties, the instructor Mark took me for a little spin around the car park. I cannot fault the Team in ensuring we all understood the health & safety of using the machines, and they took great care of us, with 3 Instructors (including a children’s sled) attached to our small group.

Our trip took us out over the frozen lake behind K5 Hotel, a 28km round trip to a local Reindeer Farm. The views were simply stunning. Maybe realising my fear was affecting my husband’s ability to enjoy the ride by driving a little slow (or at least I think it was this lol 😂), Mark stepped in, and offered me the opportunity to ride with him. Which left my husband to drive to the others potential, and enjoy his own experience. Thank you for recognising this Mark, as a result we both had an amazing experience!

Sadly, we could have done with a little more time at the reindeer farm, I felt that we had only just picked up our hot drinks & doughnuts, and we were being encouraged to visit the reindeers. As we go to see them on another day, there wasn’t the need for us to dash fortunately, but could be an area for improvement. Mind you, maybe we were just a slow group driving there, but we certainly came back far faster than we went, obviously with drivers feeling a little more confident.

My husband was able to get some fantastic ‘go pro’ footage, as the temperatures were very moderate during our stay (apparently they don’t work so well in very low temperatures). One includes Mark and I whizzing past on the frozen lake on the way back, a memory I will never forget. The most exhilarating ride, thank you all at Perhesafarit for caring, and asking how I was feeling on my return, and thank you for a fab time Mark & the Perhesafarit Crew!

Date of experience: November 2022
1  Thank welltravelledgirl
PerheSafarit, Safari guide at Perhesafarit Snowmobile Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2022

HI well traveled girl
many thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback it means a lot to the whole team here at Perhe. We are happy that you enjoyed your safari & that you managed to get some go pro footage. We are also happy that we managed to meet the expectations of both yourself & your husband.

We have taken on board your feedback about the time spent at the reindeer farm & are now communicating better to our customers that the stop at the Reeindeer farm is simply a quick stop for a coffee & oppotunity to re -heat.

Once again many thanks for your feedback.

The Perhe team

Reviewed 15 March 2022

I was guiding a group in Lapland and we went for a snowmobile safari with Perhesafarit. I can highly recommend the Kätkä Fell tour! It was a highlight for many of my group members and frankly also for myself. :)

Date of experience: March 2022
PerheSafarit, Manager at Perhesafarit Snowmobile Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2022

thank you for your good review. Around the Kätkä Fell is one of the most popular safari. There is very nice and cosy Cafe Hanhipirtti.
Welcome again to Levi and Perhesafarit!

Reviewed 24 January 2022 via mobile

Booked through Ingram’s prior to holiday. Very good organised tour and takes the safety of customers very seriously. All the staff throughout the activity was excellent. You pass through various terrain and over two frozen lakes. Stop at halfway for hot drink and doughnuts all included in price, then repeat the route back to Levi. Excellent for beginners and casual users. Snowmobiles can be booked independently for the more experienced. Very enjoyable morning enjoying the frozen lakes and forests

3  Thank robr658
PerheSafarit, Manager at Perhesafarit Snowmobile Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2022

Thank you robr658 for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our safari. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 20 January 2022 via mobile

A good tour but we’ve done snowmobiles a few times and weren’t expecting them to be restricted so much (30kph). I asked out of curiosity however and they said should you hire the snowmobile and not be on a safari then it wouldn’t be restricted.

1  Thank JobieOneCojone
PerheSafarit, Manager at Perhesafarit Snowmobile Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2022

Thank you for your review. Safety is the number one priority for our company and guides are responsible for the carrying out safari. If you have experience in snowmobiling it is possible to rent one on your own, without guide. We provide you a map and instruct you a good track to follow. This depends on the time you want to spend snowmobiling. Speed limit on the track is maximum 60 km/h and the areas limited slower than this are marked with the signs.

Welcome back to Levi and Perhesafarit!

Reviewed 5 January 2022 via mobile

Superb customer service, good-quality equipment and competitive prices.

They had the snowmobile we wanted at a very short notice, and everything worked perfectly.

Can easily recommend!

1  Thank Mikko P
PerheSafarit, General Manager at Perhesafarit Snowmobile Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2022

Thank you for your nice feedback. We are very happy to hear that everything went well. Welcome again!