1,601 results
All reviews fish every night st lucia marigot bay botanical gardens rented a car ti kaye resort rainy season public beach caribbean sea gros piton anse le raye pineapple plunge pool our honeymoon outdoor shower the cottages
Reviewed 3 October 2007

My husband and I stayed at Ti Kaye for 6 nights for part of our honeymoon. We stayed in cottage C, which had an excellent view of the ocean and a wonderful plunge pool, which provided great relief from the extreme heat.
I wish I could share the glowing reviews of Ti Kaye like my fellow Trip Advisor travelers, but I was a bit disappointed in a few aspects of my trip. It started at the airport (SLU) when we flew in and realized there was no driver from Ti Kaye to greet us and drive us to the resort. A lady at the airline desk allowed us to call Ti Kaye to check on this, and I was rudely informed by a staff member at Ti Kaye that I had not made any transfer arrangements and it was not their problem. After I read a copy of the confirmation e-mail to her over the phone, she checked her records and noted that a transfer was promised, and sent a taxi to pick us up as the Ti Kaye drivers were gone for the night. When we arrived to check in at Ti Kaye, the check-in staff person then informed me that I was arriving a day later than scheduled and wanted to know why I was changing my reservation. Again, I had the confirmation that the dates were correct.
The issues continued when I checked out and was informed that I was leaving a day earlier than scheduled (again, not true and I referred back to my e-mail). Lastly, I asked them to call the airline to confirm my departure flight and make sure I was on the flight for that day and they said "no problem, it's confirmed and you're on the flight", and I arrived at the airport to find that my husband and I were not on the flight at all, and nothing was confirmed. We had to buy new tickets right on the spot to fly out.
I may have caught Ti Kaye at an off-week, but the reservations desk staff was quite rude and hard to deal with in my experience. I had all these pleasant e-mails before my arrival, but I felt like I was dealing with an entirely different staff when I finally got there.
Other items: cottage was beautiful, plunge pool as mentioned was great, food was overall above average, waitstaff at restaurants and beach bar were very good and the views are spectacular. Loved George and Karen! They were definitely my favorite staff members.

7  Thank mdarch
Reviewed 25 September 2007

My husband and I stayed at Ti Kaye for one week for our honeymoon and then traveled to The Discovery in Marigot Bay for 3 nights (I will write a separate review on that). Overall our stay was amazing. It was everything that we expected as I read a lot of reviews on trip advisor. The landscape was beautiful, the staff were unbelieveable and the food was great! We are foodies, so we appreciate great food. Although the menu seems small (for dinner), it changes daily, so we couldn't wait to see what was on the menu each night. We were never disappointed. You HAVE to try a private wine tasting with Cleus. He is the BEST! He is very knowledgable and will show you everything he has in stock and you can ask him anything. We tasted 4 whites and 5 reds and we were very impressed. We also went on the Land & Sea tour and thought that was great as well. We took a ton of pictures. Our cottage was K, with a nice view and a lot of privacy, but still close to everything. We did have to get into a routine of "cockroach hunting" every night after dinner since we were caught off guard 3 times with these critters. We tended to use the A/C, but found that it could have been a little colder in the rooms at night. I LOVED the outdoor shower. It was so spacious. Overall, we loved every minute of Ti Kaye and would go back in a heartbeat. The staff made you feel like you were part of a big family while there, it was very comforting. They would do anything for you to make your stay the very best. One of our tours to Castries was cancelled, so we opted for a dinner voucher instead. So we got dinner and a bottle of wine with our voucher. It was great! Make sure you bring your bug repellent and be prepared for bugs, it is a tropical island. Make an attempt to go snorkeling. We brought our own gear, and we snorkeled almost every day, it was amazing. Kevin & Jen miss you Ti Kaye!

3  Thank JLAndersen
Reviewed 23 September 2007

My husband and I honeymooned at Ti Kaye from May 20-27, 2007. I did a lot of research before booking Ti Kaye and I'm sad to say that I was a bit disappointed with some aspects of the trip.

Tip #1 Take Dramamine, even if you don't think you'll need it. The roads in St. Lucia are absolutely TERRIBLE. Hair-pin turns, ups and downs, canopy of trees, etc. I have a fairly strong stomach, but the hour and a half drive from the airport was almost enough to kill me. My motion sickness got so bad I ended up throwing up out the side of the taxi in the middle of nowhere (read: no water, nothing to rinse my mouth out, etc). The driver pulled over and got me some water, which was very kind. We eventually made it and the staff and my husband carried me to our cottage because I was still so dizzy from the roads I couldn't walk. It actually felt like I'd developed vertigo it was so bad. So take dramamine. I had it for the way back and was fine the whole way, even though the 'southern' route is rougher.

The cottages are rustic but nice. It was extremely hot the week we were there so we spent most of our time in the plunge pool. It was a God-Send. We slept afternoons b/c it was too hot to do anything else.

Expect bugs in your cottage. Enough said on that.

Take CD's, there is a CD player in your room. Also, you can order snacks for your fridge. My husband would order cokes and rum, which was very cheap, to have on hand in the room.

We took our own snorkeling gear, and the snorkeling was fun. MAKE sure to bring sunscreen. The sun is hotter than you think down there. We also had purchased swimming shirts from coolibar, which were REALLY helpful (especially for my husband after he got burned).

The food was good. Not the best, but good. I loved the St. Lucian Breakfast and all the hot pastries. The fresh juices are also good. Watch out for birds! We saw one take a french fry out of another guest's hand as she was about to eat it. The little bird flew up to the rafters and munched away.

Try the hummingbird delights. You won't be disappointed. All of the frozen drinks were fantastic. Once I found the hummingbird delight, I stuck with it.

Overall, this is a nice secluded resort, best to be shared with your honey and was a good value for what we spent. I won't go back again, because it was a little too secluded for me (especially if my motion sickness/vertigo had gotten any worse....we were at least a 1/2 hour over very bad roads to get to the nearest medical facilities).

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cellobelle
Reviewed 22 September 2007

We spent a week at Ti Kaye Village for our honeymoon. It was wonderful! The resort, resort staff, and St. Lucia is general lived up to the all the expectations I had formed in my mind after reading such glowing reviews about the resort and island.
Resort: overall I thought the resort was very nice, clean, and very well kept. The landscaping was very nicely done. I liked the layout of the resort. I didn't find the steps down to the beach to be a problem. I welcomed the exercise to help burn off all the food I had eaten
Room: We stayed in cottage Annafe (A), which was the first one down the hill, closest to the main restaurant. It was an oceanfront cottage with a plunge pool. It was simple and rustic, yet very nice and very clean. It was perfect for us. We loved the hammock on the porch- it was my favorite napping spot! We used our plunge pool every day, so we were very happy that we booked a room with one. The water was actually fairly warm- I think because our pool got a good amount of late morning/early afternoon sunshine. Our outdoor shower was fabulous! It was nicely landscaped and very clean. I never saw a single bug out there. We hated to leave and come back home and have to shower in our boring indoor bathtub. Our room didn't get a lot of breeze blowing through, so we were happy to have the air conditioning unit. We turned it on every night to sleep- which also kept the bugs away at night.
Food: I thought that the food at Ti Kaye was excellent. I loved the pineapple and coconut yogurt that was available every morning for breakfast. I also enjoyed having fresh juice and fruit every morning. I even tried the traditional St. Lucian breakfast of saltfish cakes and johnny cakes. It was pretty tasty- so was the cocoa-tea that came with it. We didn't eat lunch everyday (we were usually pretty full from breakfast), but when we were hungry we grabbed a bite to eat at the beach restaurant. The food there was good too- mostly sandwiches and fries. The spicy tuna sandwich was excellent! We ate dinner at the resort most of the nights we were there. The menu changed daily and had a variety of dishes, so we never got bored with the menu. All the food was good and I was not disappointed with any of the meals I had. We did venture away from Ti Kaye to have dinner in Marigot Bay two of the nights we were there. The Ti Kaye staff was happy to give us recommendations for restaurants and booked a water taxi and made the reservations for us. We really enjoyed taking water taxis everywhere! We also ordered some snacks for our room during the week- the cheese plate was great and the caribbean delight cookies were delicious. The prices for the mini bar were very reasonable too. Drinks at the resort were great also and very reasonably priced. Of course we enjoyed the rum punch, but I also was a fan of the hummingbird delight drink.
Staff: I can not express how wonderful all the staff was at Ti Kaye. We felt at home the minute we arrived. Everyone remembered our names and were always so willing and happy to help us with whatever we needed to make our vacation perfect. They are a wonderful group of people!
Wildlife: Bugs were not a problem at all. The resort was so well kept and clean that I barely saw any bugs. The only real nuisances were mosquitos and the little flies down on the beach. We had a few lizards and tree frogs in our room, but they just mind their own business. The birds also liked to fly in and our of our room. If you are not a fan of birds, don't leave food out because they will come into your room and get into anything you leave out. I presonally like birds, so it became my morning routine to lay in our hammock and feed the birds. They would come and eat right out of my hand.
Tours: Our package included several tours- trip to Castries, trip to Soufriere for the land and sea tour, and we also hiked up Gros Piton. We enjoyed all our tours- especially because we went by boat to get everywhere. One thing to note, if you plan to hike the Pitons, make sure you are in shape and an avid hiker. It is a very strenuous climb. Bring lots of water and just be prepared. We were not and it took us by surprise as to how tough the hike actually was.
Beach: The Ti Kaye beach was great. The staff always made sure that we had chairs, umbrellas, and drinks- if needed. The beach vendors don't bother you too much- just tell them you didn't bring any money down the beach and that you will buy something later in the week. Then they will leave you alone. They were all very nice people though. The snorkeling is great in the water right by Ti Kaye. We rented equipment from the dive shop for a day and really enjoyed snorkeling on both sides of the cove. I definitely recommend it! Guests from other resorts come to snorkel and hang out at our beach. They don't really bother Ti Kaye guests though. They just come in, do their own thing, and then leave again.
Overall, our honeymoon vacation at Ti Kaye was perfect! We loved Ti Kaye and St. Lucia. Ti Kaye was the perfect resort for the type of place wewere looking to stay at for our honeymoon, and the island was just gorgeouos. I have nothing but good things to say about our trip! We definitely hope to return sometime!

4  Thank pand418
Reviewed 22 September 2007

We spent our 8 day honeymoon here, August 27th to Sept 3.. All i can say is that it took my breathe away.. The food great, the staff very friendly even calling us by our first name, the property georgeous!! Can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)