“Wonderful place for a honeymoon!”

Ti Kaye Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Anse Cochon
Reviewed 13 October 2007

My husband and I chose Ti Kaye Village for the first week of our honeymoon after being unable to reach anyone at Stonefield to make a reservation - and we couldn't be happier that it worked out that way.

Upon arrival at the airport we were greeted by one of the resorts drivers. Our luggage hadn't made it, so he helped us talk to the attendant to locate our luggage and arrange for it to be delivered. The trip to the resort was windy. Our confirmation said that the "last two miles are quite bumpy", and this was so true! We were glad that they had let us know, or we may have been worried that we were headed in the wrong direction. Since we arrived late and the retaurant was closed, the hotel placed a cheese plate and a couple of local beers (on the house) in our room. They also provided us with a couple of t-shirts and personal hygened items for us to use while waiting for our luggage.

We can't say enough about how friendly the staff at TiKaye is, and how beautiful the location is. The rooms are quaint and very clean. The grounds are well kept, and the views are spectacular. Our cottage was very private, even though it was a duplex, and we loved the outdoor garden shower. Our bed was strewn with flower petals, and everything you might need was accounted for. We loved the option to stock our own minibar from the list provided (just drop it off at the desk before breakfast). Air conditioning is available if you want it, but the cool breezes blowing through the french doors and plantation style shutters were enough for us to be comfortable.

There is a outdoor "lounge" area with television, games, and books you can borrow, a lovely restaurant with stunning views, and a small "beach bar" style restaurant on the beach. A pool area overlooking the water is available for those who aren't inclined to make the 166 stair hike down to the water-front, although we recommend that you do. The beach is small, and the sand isn't the pristine white sand that you would expect in the carribean, but it was clean and well kept. There are plenty of loungers with umbrellas and "boxes" that serve as storage and a table top for your "bucket of pitons". The beach front staff take good care of you, and the only detraction is the locals who hang out on the beach front and try to sell you conch shells and necklaces. We could have done without "Rock Bottom" and his friend "Lucky Seven". Lucliky, they don't bother you too much once they realize that you're not interested in what they're selling.

The staff at Ti Kaye is exceptional, and really made us feel like family. Everyone there remembered our names, and we fell in love with Gus, Fermansha, Florina, and the rest of the staff. They were always smiling, and treated us like royalty. We found ourselves looking forward to seeing them at breakfast and dinner.

The restaurant was great, and offered a variety of choices for lunch and dinner that changed daily. Breakfast was a set menu, but the options were enough to provide a good variety. We loved the buffet with fresh tropical fruits and exotic juices. Definitely try the "St Lucian Breakfast" - it's wonderful! Because of the location, eating away from the resort can be a challenge. Taxis are pricey, and are often more than the price of your meal. Because of this, you could be limited to the resorts restaurant, which we found to be a bit pricey - typically around $25 per plate for dinner, and half that for lunch. Be prepared to spend quite a bit on food. The "catch of the day" had no variety - it was Mahi Mahi every night we were there - but always very well prepared.

We booked the Lanmou Package, and felt this was a great value. The wine and fruit basket at sunset was very romantic, and we enjoyed sitting on our porch watching the gorgeous sunset. The wine was quite good for a house wine, and the basket was enough for us to snack on for the next two days. The trip to Castries for shopping was probably our least favorite outing. Castries was dirty, and the markets didn't offer much that I was interested in, or willing to pay "tourist" prices for. We were offered drugs three times in two hours while walking around, and pan-handlers were everywhere. We had lunch at the Coal Pot, which was good, but a bit pricey and pretentious. I wouldn't have minded, but after taking a water taxi and walking around Castries in the heat, I wasn't too prepared for a high end eating establishment. I would have preferred a low-key spot with local food at that point in time. The massages were very relaxing, but we felt a bit exposed since they gave us only bath towels as cover during the massage. The Land and Sea tour was the highlight of our stay, and I could write a whole review just on that - definitely not to be missed.

In addition, we took advantage of the complimentary kayaks that could be signed out at the beach front, and rented snorkeling gear. The snorkeling around TiKaye is said to be some of the best in the island, and we really enjoyed it. The cruise ships carted their occupants to the cove each afternoon, so if you're planning on snorkeling go early to beat the crowds. We rented a jeep for 2 days, and it was a great value and a great way to see the island. You can rent a jeep for an entire day for the cost of a single cab ride to Soufriere. A word of caution - the roads are windy and the locals drive a little crazy - but if you're the adventurous type it's definitelty the way to go. A must see is Pigeon Island.

We would recommend Ti Kay to anyone who's planning to visit St Lucia, and plan to return ourselves for an anniversary.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Gemgrrrl
Write a ReviewReviews (1,556)

Reviewed 3 October 2007

My husband and I stayed at Ti Kaye for 6 nights for part of our honeymoon. We stayed in cottage C, which had an excellent view of the ocean and a wonderful plunge pool, which provided great relief from the extreme heat.
I wish I could share the glowing reviews of Ti Kaye like my fellow Trip Advisor travelers, but I was a bit disappointed in a few aspects of my trip. It started at the airport (SLU) when we flew in and realized there was no driver from Ti Kaye to greet us and drive us to the resort. A lady at the airline desk allowed us to call Ti Kaye to check on this, and I was rudely informed by a staff member at Ti Kaye that I had not made any transfer arrangements and it was not their problem. After I read a copy of the confirmation e-mail to her over the phone, she checked her records and noted that a transfer was promised, and sent a taxi to pick us up as the Ti Kaye drivers were gone for the night. When we arrived to check in at Ti Kaye, the check-in staff person then informed me that I was arriving a day later than scheduled and wanted to know why I was changing my reservation. Again, I had the confirmation that the dates were correct.
The issues continued when I checked out and was informed that I was leaving a day earlier than scheduled (again, not true and I referred back to my e-mail). Lastly, I asked them to call the airline to confirm my departure flight and make sure I was on the flight for that day and they said "no problem, it's confirmed and you're on the flight", and I arrived at the airport to find that my husband and I were not on the flight at all, and nothing was confirmed. We had to buy new tickets right on the spot to fly out.
I may have caught Ti Kaye at an off-week, but the reservations desk staff was quite rude and hard to deal with in my experience. I had all these pleasant e-mails before my arrival, but I felt like I was dealing with an entirely different staff when I finally got there.
Other items: cottage was beautiful, plunge pool as mentioned was great, food was overall above average, waitstaff at restaurants and beach bar were very good and the views are spectacular. Loved George and Karen! They were definitely my favorite staff members.

7  Thank mdarch
Reviewed 25 September 2007

My husband and I stayed at Ti Kaye for one week for our honeymoon and then traveled to The Discovery in Marigot Bay for 3 nights (I will write a separate review on that). Overall our stay was amazing. It was everything that we expected as I read a lot of reviews on trip advisor. The landscape was beautiful, the staff were unbelieveable and the food was great! We are foodies, so we appreciate great food. Although the menu seems small (for dinner), it changes daily, so we couldn't wait to see what was on the menu each night. We were never disappointed. You HAVE to try a private wine tasting with Cleus. He is the BEST! He is very knowledgable and will show you everything he has in stock and you can ask him anything. We tasted 4 whites and 5 reds and we were very impressed. We also went on the Land & Sea tour and thought that was great as well. We took a ton of pictures. Our cottage was K, with a nice view and a lot of privacy, but still close to everything. We did have to get into a routine of "cockroach hunting" every night after dinner since we were caught off guard 3 times with these critters. We tended to use the A/C, but found that it could have been a little colder in the rooms at night. I LOVED the outdoor shower. It was so spacious. Overall, we loved every minute of Ti Kaye and would go back in a heartbeat. The staff made you feel like you were part of a big family while there, it was very comforting. They would do anything for you to make your stay the very best. One of our tours to Castries was cancelled, so we opted for a dinner voucher instead. So we got dinner and a bottle of wine with our voucher. It was great! Make sure you bring your bug repellent and be prepared for bugs, it is a tropical island. Make an attempt to go snorkeling. We brought our own gear, and we snorkeled almost every day, it was amazing. Kevin & Jen miss you Ti Kaye!

3  Thank JLAndersen
Reviewed 23 September 2007

My husband and I honeymooned at Ti Kaye from May 20-27, 2007. I did a lot of research before booking Ti Kaye and I'm sad to say that I was a bit disappointed with some aspects of the trip.

Tip #1 Take Dramamine, even if you don't think you'll need it. The roads in St. Lucia are absolutely TERRIBLE. Hair-pin turns, ups and downs, canopy of trees, etc. I have a fairly strong stomach, but the hour and a half drive from the airport was almost enough to kill me. My motion sickness got so bad I ended up throwing up out the side of the taxi in the middle of nowhere (read: no water, nothing to rinse my mouth out, etc). The driver pulled over and got me some water, which was very kind. We eventually made it and the staff and my husband carried me to our cottage because I was still so dizzy from the roads I couldn't walk. It actually felt like I'd developed vertigo it was so bad. So take dramamine. I had it for the way back and was fine the whole way, even though the 'southern' route is rougher.

The cottages are rustic but nice. It was extremely hot the week we were there so we spent most of our time in the plunge pool. It was a God-Send. We slept afternoons b/c it was too hot to do anything else.

Expect bugs in your cottage. Enough said on that.

Take CD's, there is a CD player in your room. Also, you can order snacks for your fridge. My husband would order cokes and rum, which was very cheap, to have on hand in the room.

We took our own snorkeling gear, and the snorkeling was fun. MAKE sure to bring sunscreen. The sun is hotter than you think down there. We also had purchased swimming shirts from coolibar, which were REALLY helpful (especially for my husband after he got burned).

The food was good. Not the best, but good. I loved the St. Lucian Breakfast and all the hot pastries. The fresh juices are also good. Watch out for birds! We saw one take a french fry out of another guest's hand as she was about to eat it. The little bird flew up to the rafters and munched away.

Try the hummingbird delights. You won't be disappointed. All of the frozen drinks were fantastic. Once I found the hummingbird delight, I stuck with it.

Overall, this is a nice secluded resort, best to be shared with your honey and was a good value for what we spent. I won't go back again, because it was a little too secluded for me (especially if my motion sickness/vertigo had gotten any worse....we were at least a 1/2 hour over very bad roads to get to the nearest medical facilities).

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cellobelle
Reviewed 22 September 2007

We spent a week at Ti Kaye Village for our honeymoon. It was wonderful! The resort, resort staff, and St. Lucia is general lived up to the all the expectations I had formed in my mind after reading such glowing reviews about the resort and island.
Resort: overall I thought the resort was very nice, clean, and very well kept. The landscaping was very nicely done. I liked the layout of the resort. I didn't find the steps down to the beach to be a problem. I welcomed the exercise to help burn off all the food I had eaten
Room: We stayed in cottage Annafe (A), which was the first one down the hill, closest to the main restaurant. It was an oceanfront cottage with a plunge pool. It was simple and rustic, yet very nice and very clean. It was perfect for us. We loved the hammock on the porch- it was my favorite napping spot! We used our plunge pool every day, so we were very happy that we booked a room with one. The water was actually fairly warm- I think because our pool got a good amount of late morning/early afternoon sunshine. Our outdoor shower was fabulous! It was nicely landscaped and very clean. I never saw a single bug out there. We hated to leave and come back home and have to shower in our boring indoor bathtub. Our room didn't get a lot of breeze blowing through, so we were happy to have the air conditioning unit. We turned it on every night to sleep- which also kept the bugs away at night.
Food: I thought that the food at Ti Kaye was excellent. I loved the pineapple and coconut yogurt that was available every morning for breakfast. I also enjoyed having fresh juice and fruit every morning. I even tried the traditional St. Lucian breakfast of saltfish cakes and johnny cakes. It was pretty tasty- so was the cocoa-tea that came with it. We didn't eat lunch everyday (we were usually pretty full from breakfast), but when we were hungry we grabbed a bite to eat at the beach restaurant. The food there was good too- mostly sandwiches and fries. The spicy tuna sandwich was excellent! We ate dinner at the resort most of the nights we were there. The menu changed daily and had a variety of dishes, so we never got bored with the menu. All the food was good and I was not disappointed with any of the meals I had. We did venture away from Ti Kaye to have dinner in Marigot Bay two of the nights we were there. The Ti Kaye staff was happy to give us recommendations for restaurants and booked a water taxi and made the reservations for us. We really enjoyed taking water taxis everywhere! We also ordered some snacks for our room during the week- the cheese plate was great and the caribbean delight cookies were delicious. The prices for the mini bar were very reasonable too. Drinks at the resort were great also and very reasonably priced. Of course we enjoyed the rum punch, but I also was a fan of the hummingbird delight drink.
Staff: I can not express how wonderful all the staff was at Ti Kaye. We felt at home the minute we arrived. Everyone remembered our names and were always so willing and happy to help us with whatever we needed to make our vacation perfect. They are a wonderful group of people!
Wildlife: Bugs were not a problem at all. The resort was so well kept and clean that I barely saw any bugs. The only real nuisances were mosquitos and the little flies down on the beach. We had a few lizards and tree frogs in our room, but they just mind their own business. The birds also liked to fly in and our of our room. If you are not a fan of birds, don't leave food out because they will come into your room and get into anything you leave out. I presonally like birds, so it became my morning routine to lay in our hammock and feed the birds. They would come and eat right out of my hand.
Tours: Our package included several tours- trip to Castries, trip to Soufriere for the land and sea tour, and we also hiked up Gros Piton. We enjoyed all our tours- especially because we went by boat to get everywhere. One thing to note, if you plan to hike the Pitons, make sure you are in shape and an avid hiker. It is a very strenuous climb. Bring lots of water and just be prepared. We were not and it took us by surprise as to how tough the hike actually was.
Beach: The Ti Kaye beach was great. The staff always made sure that we had chairs, umbrellas, and drinks- if needed. The beach vendors don't bother you too much- just tell them you didn't bring any money down the beach and that you will buy something later in the week. Then they will leave you alone. They were all very nice people though. The snorkeling is great in the water right by Ti Kaye. We rented equipment from the dive shop for a day and really enjoyed snorkeling on both sides of the cove. I definitely recommend it! Guests from other resorts come to snorkel and hang out at our beach. They don't really bother Ti Kaye guests though. They just come in, do their own thing, and then leave again.
Overall, our honeymoon vacation at Ti Kaye was perfect! We loved Ti Kaye and St. Lucia. Ti Kaye was the perfect resort for the type of place wewere looking to stay at for our honeymoon, and the island was just gorgeouos. I have nothing but good things to say about our trip! We definitely hope to return sometime!

4  Thank pand418
24.3 km away
Coconut Bay Beach Resort & Spa
5.5 km away
Marigot Bay Resort and Marina by Capella

Been to Ti Kaye Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!