“A picturesque setting by the river with good food and drinks”
Review of The Heron Inn

The Heron Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Malpas
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Heron Inn is a beautiful waterside pub, with stunning views over the river Fal. We are open all day, every day from 10am, serving freshly prepared homemade meals, ranging from a light lunch to hearty meals, and an excellent range of daily specials. Booking is adviseable but not always necessary.
Reviewed 27 October 2017

This is a pub with atmosphere, modern and traditional at the same time, good menus and a welcoming bar, Sunday lunch was good and popular with families and groups of friends, the Christmas menu looked great and the views of the river are delightful, a great find.

1  Thank david f

Reviewed 22 October 2017

We visited on a Saturday night, we were staying in a local cottage. The menu is great and the smoked duck and the lamb were excellent. We didn't try the desert menu as white chocolate isn't a family favourite. The service was fabulous, friendly and efficient. I would recommend and hope to return.

1  Thank Hilary C
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

This fine place was recommended to us when we hired a kayak.. worth the paddling alone! Really nice lunch, great views, roaring fire and staff that went well out of their way to be helpful... with two little ones it's always a little chaotic, but the staff couldn't do enough to help! Loved it! Dog friendly too... top marks!

1  Thank Pmgerrard
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Lovely atmosphere very up to date decor, good service from the staff. I had the spicy kebab with sweet potato chips which was delicious, I asked the waitress what ingredients the sauce had next thing was the chef came and explained how the raita was made. Now that is what I call service, my partner had the Camembert followed by a small fish and chips. He also enjoyed his meal, middle price range some might say on the expensive side but the quality of the good speaks for itself

1  Thank Jackie D
Reviewed 2 October 2017

We walked around the river bank to the restaurant.... a good thing because there is very little parking. The menu was wide and plenty to choose from. Food was well cooked and we will definitely be back. I heard three people raving about the pollock..which I must try myself next time having had steak. Lovely views, friendly staff, beautiful food .... great stuff!