My wife and I just completed a 2 night stay at this hotel, and we found it to be of excellent value. I had read all of the other TP reports, so I knew exactly what to expect.
First of all, forget about the four star rating - this is a service apartment and self catered for the most part (for this reason, hotel ratings do not really apply). It compares favorably to the Hampton Suites Buena Vista at Orlando, where we stayed last year, albeit considerably newer. At less than 100 Euros a night, it is a great bargain.
Next, on to the issue of the hotel shuttle (a black 8 seater SUV) and where to be picked up coming out of the Marne Vallee Chessy station. It is indeed behind the Gaumont Cinema, but if you are coming here for the first time, I suggest you take the No 43 bus to Parc Montevrain. The reason being you're facing the front of Gaumont, and the staff will tell you that there is no back of the cinema. They're right - you have to take a huge walk around the back of the Gaumont to find the pickup area (it isn't marked). And no, it's nowhere near the taxi rank or bus station, as another TP report has noted.
A lot of fuss has been made about the hotel shuttle and how there is no queue. At first, I couldn't understand why the hotel didn't enforce lining up for the shuttle, but then if you think about it, it makes sense - when over 20 people (and that's low season) all want to cram on an 8 seater and everyone is a guest, it's in a lose-lose situation no matter what it does.
Last tip, after you finish with Disney, don't bother waiting for the shuttle - all the other guests who haven't read this TP report have the same idea as you. Instead, take the RER to Val d'Europe and wait to get picked up by the shuttle from there.
About the scathing reports regarding staff service, nothing could be further from the truth. Remember, these are the French, a proud people who expect you to speak French. If you do make that attempt, they will warm to you and give you service. If you treat the place like you are still expecting a four star standard hotel from the US or UK, then you'll get the cold shoulder treatment. The staff all speak English adequately, but they, like many French in any part of France, expect you to make the effort first.
In total, we took the shuttle 4 to 5 times, and spent 8 Euros total for public transportation getting to the hotel on arrival, and taking the train to Val d'Europe after Disney. Would we come back? Not a resounding yes for the reasons above, but yes nonetheless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Park & Suites Prestige Val D'Europe is located in Montevrain on 1-hecture parkland, 10 minutes from Disneyland Resort Paris. It offers a shuttle service to Disneyland.Each air-conditioned studio and suite has modern decor. They include a fully equipped kitchen and dining area, a flat-screen TV with satellite channels, wired internet and a private bathroom.A buffet breakfast is served daily at the Prestige Val D'Europe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com and Hotelopia so you can book your Appart'City Confort Marne la Vallee - Val d’Europe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Park & Suites Prestige Val d`Europe Hotel Montevrain
- Park And Suites Prestige Val d`Europe
- Appart'City Confort Marne La Vallee - Val d’Europe Montevrain