1,033 results
All reviews cooking class wine tasting outdoor pool train station figline valdarno great history breakfast room opening hours italian garden pizza making class small town town square stepping back in time small shower middle ages amazing building scrambled eggs and bacon
Reviewed 13 June 2017

Upon arrival the guest check in was very thorough, especially Devon? and Andres were both incredibly helpful. 34 travelers in total in our group so this can be a bit overwhelming but the staff took it in strides and were incredibly friendly.
Room nice but very hot, no ac working in my room and in June this is no fun. Up early the next morning off sigh seeing; upon return to the Villa the AC was blaring lots of cold air. All was well then.
Restaurant decent and for the most part the staff was very nice with the exception of Francisco. Too many times he was very rude to our group and fairly nasty and arrogant to other guests. Several of our people tried to go back and find out why he was so nasty and he would just walk off. Not a positive image for Casagrande.
The cooking school was wonderful! Anna was great as was the other lady whose name escapes me. Amazing food, great time and fun way to spend the afternoon - I highly recommend this activity. I also, learned that they give guided tours of the private quarters of the villa and saw some amazing photos from other guests. Unfortunately we weren't told of this activity and ran out of time.
At first this place comes off as a bit quirky but once you get use to the multi levels and finding your way around the villa it is very enchanting. The chapel, gardens and public spaces are all very charming and clean. I will definitely return for another stay at the Villa Casagrande.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 13 June 2017

+ Check in & Andres wonderful. Anna's cooking school the best. Very clean space/room. Fun to explore. I want to come back 4 sure.

- Francisco in restaurant very rude to several in my group, many times

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 23 May 2017

This hotel is in a small historic town of Filigne in the Chianti Region, only around 30 minutes drive to Florence. The hotel was once a noble villa mainly from the 14th Century. It has been restored and maintained in a very high quality and keeps its historic feel.

The gardens, foyer and surrounds are extremely beautiful and well appointed. There is an indoor heated pool and a gym that you can use but if you want to go into the hot tub, sauna you will need to pay 24E for a couple! That was kind of disappointing.

The breakfast was wonderful, including hot foods, the best in Italy! The staff are also very accommodating.

Our room was quite spacious and well-appointed. The bed was too hard for me but I requested a mattress topper and was given one, which helped. The biggest issue for our room was it's location. It was right by a passage way that was used to get to the breakfast room and because the floors were terracotta we heard quite a bit of noise in the morning outside of our room and in the room above us.

The restaurant on the premises is definitely worth a visit. Yum!!!

Room tip: Ask for a room that is not on a popular passageway
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank natashageorgiou
Reviewed 1 May 2017

Loved my stay at Villa Casagrande. . .the villa, the restaurant, breakfast, location, the village. Absolutely will be going back. Met all expectations from what I read and the photos on the web site and more. Village just perfect.

Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

First Impression

Second time we are here because it's a perfect stop if you are driving north south. It's a quaint little village and the hotel is built in the city walls. It has loads of quaint features and character! Rooms are very basic but I'll overlook that because of the charm of the place.

Parting Impression

Slept well! Enjoyed the city will drop by again. Thank you friendly staff!

Date of stay: April 2017