1,014 results
All reviews wine tasting outdoor pool train station cooking class figline valdarno breakfast room opening hours great history small town stepping back in time small shower perfect setting middle ages amazing building scrambled eggs and bacon food for breakfast an easy minute walk
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

First Impression

Second time we are here because it's a perfect stop if you are driving north south. It's a quaint little village and the hotel is built in the city walls. It has loads of quaint features and character! Rooms are very basic but I'll overlook that because of the charm of the place.

Parting Impression

Slept well! Enjoyed the city will drop by again. Thank you friendly staff!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

The Villa Casagrande provided the perfect setting and location for a visit to the Chianti Tuscany region. Very convenient to Florence and enjoyed the short train ride.
Staff was very helpful, breakfast excellent and the room fit well with the historic setting. The grounds provided for a scenic and relaxing visit. But, the highlight was the pizza making with Anna. Overall a wonderful experience.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2017

For our romantic weekend we booked a beautiful and comfortable room, maybe one of the most expensive in the hotel. We left our luggages and went to dinner. When we went back to the room the power was completely out and we had to call the reception hoping they'd solve the issue. Unfortunately they couldn't do anything but give us another room that, of course, was not even remotely close to the one we chose. Long story short we had to pay the same price as the original room and we were disappointed because we didn't see a great effort from the staff to fix things. Besides this bad experience, the place is great: beautiful building, good food, indoor pool and spa.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2017

For my friends Birthday I got her an afternoon at the Spa with message. We got there at 5pm and the girl at the reception was really nice in helping us and directing us to the Spa. Once there Daniela was super helpful in showing us the Spa and making us feel at home. Both my friend and I had Daniele for our massage, he is absolutely amazing. I never felt better. His hands really helped my knots in my shoulders and neck. If I could I would go there every week. What made our day of course is the location as it is beautiful but also the staff. Thank you

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 November 2016

This was my first visit to Italy , the Villa was a very pleasant trip. My friend and I arrived late Saturday night but they ordered us a lovely platter of meats, cheese and bread to eat.
Set in a 14th Century villa we had lovely rooms, with a large outside patio, clean bathroom , big bed and a desk with a mini bar. The staff are lovely and so helpful, the breakfast was lovely we had scrambled eggs and bacon the first three days as well as cold food and amazing baked goods.
The town itself is very small but some lovely bars and pastry shops, I would advise to go to the local supermarket for wine, water, soft drinks and snacks as the villa does not do room service. The train station is a 10 minute walk with direct lines to Florence or to Rome . Florence is 30 minutes away for 11 Euro, which is why I choose this villa as there is nothing much to do in town.
You simply have to do the wine and olive oil tasting it's great value and amazing wine, we bought 4 bottles from them, you get a little tour of the private rooms , a place where royalty and a pope have stayed. There is a outdoor pool but it was shut when we went as it was too cold but there is a lovely heated indoor pool to use.
The downside to the villa is the housekeeping, we arrived Saturday night and by Monday afternoon I had to ask for someone to clean my room and replenish my mini bar, they did clean the room on Monday but did not replace the sheets till Tuesday but the room was cleaned every day after that. There are only 2 English channels , BBC news or CNN so take plenty of reading material , the wifi often goes down .
The website states it has a bar but the only tiny bar is in the restaurant , as it was too cold to drink outside we just had a drink in restaurant. We ate in the restaurant once which was nice, but certainly not worth 100 Euro which at the rate we were there meant £100. Go to the piazza in town to eat which is much more reasonable.
I was quite annoyed they charge (as guests) to use the steam room, jacuzzi and sauna, we didn't use it at all in a week .
You need to know that this hotel allows dogs , the room next to me had a howling Alsation when the owners left it on it's own , I don't know if this is an Italian thing but I have never been to a hotel in the world that allows dogs, except guide dogs of course. Reception staff were quick to call the owners and they returned quickly after my call, and an American guest had to complain the night before .
So a nice introduction to Italy, a lovely villa with lovely staff but would have been a nicer stay with housekeeping, a bar area and free steam room, sauna and jacuzzi for guests. Tell potential guests they allow dogs.
I think I would return as it has links to the train station but once upgrades had been made as suggested. Well done to the lovely staff.

Room Tip: We had Rooms 112 and 113 which had big patios.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends