Hotel Villa Casagrande
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Toscana(Figline e Incisa Valdarno)
View Hotel
Villa la Borghetta Spa Resort(Figline e Incisa Valdarno)
  • Restaurant
Hotel del Lago(Cavriglia)
View Hotel
Hotel Villa La Palagina(Figline e Incisa Valdarno)
Villa Rigacci(Reggello)
Hotel Europa(Reggello)
View Hotel
All reviewswine tastingcooking classoutdoor pooltrain stationbreakfast roomopening hourspizza making classstepping back in timesmall showerperfect settingmiddle agesscrambled eggs and baconan easy minute walkfree upgradenice terracetown squaresmall town
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2011

Value for vale is pretty good, however the room we got was old, dark and a bit filthy. The setting of the gardens and the houses was very nice. The food in the restaurant is below expectation (the starter was great, but the mains were not good at all).
There is a small spa. The entrance on the weekend is eur 15 and includes one towel. Each additional towel is eur 3. Also watch out for the pool which is very nice, but here again, they try to charge you eur 5 for the chairs, which is unusual in a hotel own pool. the location however is great and the place is a very romantic setting. There was a wedding on the weekend, and the casagrande was the perfect setting for it. We would come back to the place but ask for a nicer room.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Xxyyyddff
Reviewed 17 August 2011

The pool run by the hotel is outside and up a very steep hill if you are not a good mountaineer do not attempt this.The hotel charge 5 euros to enter.The area is very attractive but unfortunately the pool is overun by screaming kids and teenagers from the town at a reduced entry fee who have little or no respect for other people.The staff running the place are uninterested hence the place appears to be run as a public swimming pool not a good experience so stay away,or regret it.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Kev G
Reviewed 8 August 2011

Great and quiet place to stay. Nice small village but a great location for outings to Florence, Sienna and the Tuscon countryside.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2011

I stayed at the Villa Casagrande this past March, and I was pleasantly surprised at what a gem this amazing villa is! I would highly recommend it. I picked this villa for it's wonderful location, yet staying in a villa steeped in history. The villa's grounds are beautiful too. Most other villas I have stayed at in the past were in very rural settings, where you had nothing around you. At the Villa Casagrande, you don't even need a car! You walk out the back gate and there is a quaint town just waiting for you to explore. There is a train station within walking distance that can take you to many small towns and also into Florence, where you can pick up a high speed train to Venice or Rome.

I recommend taking the wine tasting they offer at the villa, as they take you on a tour, where you see some of the rooms you wouldn't normally see on your own, such as the room where one of the popes slept. You also see their own wine cellar.

The staff were very accommodating and were extremely friendly. When I wanted help in planning a trip to Rome, they were quick to assist. Anything I asked, they were quick to help.

My room was gorgeous and clean. I couldn't have asked for more.

I even took a pottery class, where I took home the vase I made. I saw that they also offered a traditional cooking class, that my friend took. She loved it.

All in all, this is a wonderful villa, and I can't wait to go back again. What I treasure and what a wonderful location.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank mustangsuz
Reviewed 15 May 2011

Awful service and very over-priced. The staff were haughty and everything was too much trouble. We decided to leave early the minute we met the check-in staff. The location is really not great with nothing to see in an ugly town. The 10 euro cup of tea left me speechless

• Stayed: May 2011