“Good, worth a visit.”
Review of Il Vecchio

Il Vecchio
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Ate here, myself husband and 2 daughters. Husband had the Florentine steak which he said was very good. Accompanied with vegetables and roast potatoes. I had the pesto pasta, very tasty and my daughter's had the margherita pizza and chicken & chips kids meals. (Chips were very disappointing. Rock hard...maybe the wrong thing to order in Italy!)

Would return. Friendly staff and a lovely atmosphere.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We ate here four times during our stay. It was fantastic. Fantastic for a top rated restaurant anywhere, never mind a family campsite. The maitre'd, I never caught her name, runs the place with precision. She remembers you after you've booked, and where your table is, which I like. They have a wood fired oven. We tried everything and it was excellent, flame grilled food especially so. All staff were hard working, but a special tribute to Claudia who was a level above. Thanks to you all.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

The restaurants at Norcenni Girasole in general were better than we expected for a camping destination but then the Italians themselves would probably not settle for anything less on their vacation! This was the restaurant on site we returned to most as it had a good selection and everything we had was nice. The salads are huge and very fresh and tasty. My favourite dessert was their house Tiramisu. Staff are friendly, service is good to begin with but we found we were left waiting alot then in favour of the larger tables. It was ad hoc as to whether we got bread, oil and balsamic at the beginning and had to ask for it. Then you might get the oil but not the balsamic! Got the wrong bill on one occasion probably due to the busyness of the place. As with most Italians, staff take this all in their stride! There is a nice view from the terrace but all areas of the restaurant pleasant to eat in.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

As a couple, one could argue this is a family place, and one would be right. Kids are yelling, and watching iPad, while it's also allowed to smoke in the outdoor seating arrangement while others are eating. Discusting and unacceptable imo. That being said, the menu also contains a few "landmines" but there are also items that are acceptable, like the seafood risotto. I ate there 3 times with my GF, and even if we weren't going home tomorrow, we would not be coming back.

Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Ristorante Girasole
'Il Veechio'

Back out on holidays and dined last night in the fab spot!

I started with Carpaccio and then had the Ribs followed by Tiramisu!

We were brought prosecco when we sat with the kids getting Sprite in their glasses the starters were all fab, my mains while it may look nothing was a filling dish simply cooked on the grill and full of flavour, desert was again lovely, we finished with espresso and Disaronno. Naturally we tried a nice Chianti Classico

The staff were friendly yet professional in a very busy restaurant. Well done all keep up the good work