See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Very good hotel, a bit far from Florence city center, 40 min by bus, last bus from Florence to hotel at 21:30 but anyway most of the attractions are closed in the evening. The owner is very nice person! Very helpful, adviced us where to have a dinner in Signa and was very nive and friendly! The location is very good if you're planning to drive elsewhere, it's close to main highways.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Hotel Indicatore was fine for a few nights. The room was simple but had a big comfy bed. Shower was small but powerful enough - towels provided were a bit weird. Shutters in our room (room A) were broken so we had to crawl onto and off the balcony. Air con worked well (thank goodness) although a bit noisy. Good location in quiet area with bus stop outside to get into Florence (35 mins) and near to Autostrada for Pisa, rome, Bologna, Siena, etc. Staff spoke a range of languages between them - Italian, Russian, English (although not all at the same time) and were very friendly and keen to help out. Surrounded by three very good restaurants. Free parking. Not an award winning hotel by any stretch, but perfectly fine as a base for a few nights exploring Florence and Tuscany.

Room tip: Rooms on the back much quieter by Shutters in Room A broken so ask to avoid that. If you eat at the restaurant next door, ask to see a menu, as otherwise I think they make the prices up! Also, wine is cheaper from a jug than a bottle. Restaurant 'pizzeria' accross the road actually has fantastic fish....
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 May 2013

It is small family hotel which provides you small clean, but cheap room. It is little bit difficult to locate it, if you going by car, but should be much more easier on the bus - because the name of the bus station is "Hotel indicator" as well as it is a last bus station. It is in 40 minutes on the bus from Florence, be advised. You dont have a breakfast option (just a vending machine), but across the street there is a nice cheap&tasty restaurant. As i said, bus station is nearby as well as a Tabacco where you can buy the tickets. They dont speak English very well, but very friendly.

Date of stay: July 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 December 2012

I am using services of this hotel from nearly one year. I am traveling every month in Tuscan and I can assure you that the location of hotel "Indicatore" is the best one. From another hand the staff of the hotel with their friendship attitude makes me feel that I am at home. At the opposite of the hotel there is a PIZZA Restaurant which offers all Italian national meals that you can imagine. To be honest I am buying my dinner for home and I am using the wonderful terrace of hotel "Indicatore".
What can I say more. The perfect place to stay if you are for business or on a holiday.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed here for one night because of all the reviews/comments on Tripadvisor. We stayed at another hotel (3 miles down the street) in Signa for the rest of our visit to Florence, which was a total of 6 nights. Both my husband and I agree that this was the right choice.

Everything said here was correct. The hotel was clean, not easy to get to (27 Euros by Taxi from Firenze SMN Train Station), but clean. The bathroom was the smallest bathroom we had ever seen in our entire lives. The shower was 2x2 feet and you kinda had to angle yourself to get pass the shower/sink to the toilet. Our toilet was leaking and causing a puddle somewhere that we couldn't see so there were mosquitoes buzzing throughout the night. The sheets did not look as comfortable/clean as other hotels though we brought our own bed linen. The room was the smallest hotel room that we've ever been in and we visited Italy for 3 solid weeks. The walls were paper-thin and you can bet the couple next door can hear you since you can hear them loud and clear. I would not stay here with kids because there is absolutely no room for them to run around and no room to help them bathe in the bathroom.

I did not like departing with our passports overnight for the paperwork but they were safely and soundly returned to us the next morning. The balcony was very nice and had a nice view. The staff was very nice.

Once again, if you want comfortable, affordable, clean, ROOMY, and reasonably priced, then go 3 miles down the road to Signa's Stilhotel, which is by far the best hotel we stayed at during our Italy honeymoon. I would not stay here for more than 1 night.

I usually say "enjoy" but I want to reserve this.

Date of stay: April 2012