See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 May 2015

My girlfriend and I stayed for 10 nights in May and were really impressed. Our accommodation consisted of a bedroom, and a kitchen and bathroom shared with two other bedrooms. These were all located in the one apartment - you open the front door into a large shared kitchen with four doors opening into each bedroom and the bathroom. The accommodation is basic, but clean and comfortable. Our room was small, but had everything we needed - the air conditioning worked really well, there was ample space for clothing, a neat little chair and desk, and two decent beds which we pushed together.

We weren't sure what to expect given that it was so cheap, but were pleasantly surprised by everything. For a start, the language school and accommodation is located within a refurbished military barracks containing some stunning buildings. The surroundings are beautiful and the reception, bar and public areas all have a nice vibe about them. Being a working school meant there were lots of young people about, but this was never a problem. There was never any excessive noise or annoying behaviour, in fact they gave the place a bit of life and excitement. The pool was wonderful - massive, clean and surrounded by loads of comfortable loungers.

The location was fantastic - 10 minutes walk into Paceville (full of restaurants, clubs, and shops), 2 minutes from buses to Sliema and Valletta. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

We were concerned that we might have been sharing the apartment with loud and noisy people, but we ended up with a Swedish couple and their baby who we got along really well with.

Wifi is free in the public areas - reception, bar, around the pool - but you have to pay for access in the rooms. We were happy to just wait until we were at reception to use it.

Sprachcaffe is fantastic value for money - a great base for visiting this beautiful country.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed 11 May 2015

I visited Malta with my boyfriend (both in our 20s). We were surprised by amazing swimming pool, clean room, new bathroom, equipped kitchen. It s great place to spend even whole summer because one huge kitchen and bedroom is shared with 2 other rooms.
Whole hotel is a complex of buildings of apartments, bar/restaurant, big swimming pool.

Location is great. Airport bus X1 stops just 5 minutes from hotel, also buses to Valletta and to Mdina, to Blue lagoon etc.
Close to hotel is a supermarket. Hotel is walking distance to Club and Restaurant Area also with small shopping mall.
Swimming pool is clean, was a bit cold as we were there on 1st May but chairs are for free. Wifi is available in restaurant and swimming pool, in rooms after paying.

Rooms are clean and nice, with mirror and closet. They have both types of plugs - UK type and EU type (our room was - twin 602B - I recommend)

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank ZuzkaCaplova
Reviewed 7 May 2015 via mobile

We visit that hostel for a 5 days trip this week and we were surprised in a positive way. The rooms are big and confortable. The kitchen of the apartment was really useful for us. The hostel has a nice pool with lot of space for enjoying the sun. The bus stop is 5 minutes walking and the nearest supermarket about 10. We really enjoy of it, we'll come back.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2014

To start with, this hostel, or student lodging, is located inside an International school where teenagers come to study English. So naturally, the whole place is filled with teenagers...

Facility: decent rooms (make sure you get one from the quiet corner otherwise during weekends theres no way u can fall asleep because of the party noises...). We asked for a double bed room but we were offered a room with twin beds... well we made do... Bathrooms are very clean. The swimming pool is very awesome, but u will be among a bunch of teens, of course.

Location: 15-20mins walking (not the nicest walk one can have) to town/beach

Internet: wifi needs to be purchased at the reception - 1 euro for 45mins, but u can get wifi signal basically everywhere in the hostel

I would not say this hostel is bad but I would not recommend it either.

Room Tip: somewhere far in the back
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jessicachan0806
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I picked this hotel because it was cheap and looked stunning. I hadn't realized it was a school then. We were greeted very nicely and brought to our rooms. Apparently Maltese people love fireworks because we heard them during our entire stay on Malta and Gozo, except here. I finally had a good nights sleep. It was very easy to get to the hotel and there were lots of parking spaces. The buses are nearby so getting into Valletta, Xliema of Paceville was no problem. I enjoyed having people my age around me. The food here was great and breakfast was also very nice. You have to share the bathroom and kitchen with other people but that wasn't a problem at all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple