“good for families”

Canonteign Waterfalls and Country Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Christow
Reviewed 30 May 2018

A very large country park for all ages to enjoy, the walk up to the top of the waterfall is quite a hike, but there was lots of benches to rest on. We walked around the lakes, which was a nice stroll, with lots of wild meadow flowers. If you have a family you could make a whole day of it, but as it was just us two, once we had walked around there was nothing else to keep us there, so two hours was plenty of time to cover it all.

1  Thank magsBournemouth
in 13 reviews
"country park"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Our first time to the falls and all I can say is WOW! Certainly worth the steep climb up to the top of the falls. Plenty of photo opportunities along the way. Fairies to spot, amazing cafe and kids park to keep you entertained.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely place and beautiful falls. Was left with a sour taste in my mouth from a very rude barman. I Asked him for a glass of tap water, he directed me to an outside tap. The same barman then reminded me that they are on a water meter as I was Trying to get some cold water from the tap. Sounds like a joke, he was deadly serious.

1  Thank Sean L
Lianne B, General Manager at Canonteign Waterfalls and Country Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

I’m so sorry that this spoiled your evening and I will talk to him about it.
We do get all of our drinking water from the tap outside as we have a very small sink behind the bar which you can’t comfortably fit a glass under the cold tap. We did provide water bottles on all the tables which were refilled by the waiting staff. However once they left for the evening we did direct guests to the tap if the bar was busy or staff were otherwise engaged.
The comment about the meter was definitely meant as a joke, along with ‘there’s a lake full of water out there’, bad jokes I grant you and believe me after a season of weddings we all inwardly groan when we hear them!!
I hope that you enjoyed the rest of the wedding. It was a wonderful day and we received a lot of positive comments so I was quite distressed when I read your review.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

What an amazingly beautiful gem, excellent place to visit for all ages. Loved the day we spent there, from the walks to the coffee and cake. Even the gift shop had something a little different.