“Wedding- poor customer service”

Canonteign Waterfalls and Country Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Christow
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely place and beautiful falls. Was left with a sour taste in my mouth from a very rude barman. I Asked him for a glass of tap water, he directed me to an outside tap. The same barman then reminded me that they are on a water meter as I was Trying to get some cold water from the tap. Sounds like a joke, he was deadly serious.

1  Thank Sean L
Lianne B, General Manager at Canonteign Waterfalls and Country Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

I’m so sorry that this spoiled your evening and I will talk to him about it.
We do get all of our drinking water from the tap outside as we have a very small sink behind the bar which you can’t comfortably fit a glass under the cold tap. We did provide water bottles on all the tables which were refilled by the waiting staff. However once they left for the evening we did direct guests to the tap if the bar was busy or staff were otherwise engaged.
The comment about the meter was definitely meant as a joke, along with ‘there’s a lake full of water out there’, bad jokes I grant you and believe me after a season of weddings we all inwardly groan when we hear them!!
I hope that you enjoyed the rest of the wedding. It was a wonderful day and we received a lot of positive comments so I was quite distressed when I read your review.

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"country park"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

What an amazingly beautiful gem, excellent place to visit for all ages. Loved the day we spent there, from the walks to the coffee and cake. Even the gift shop had something a little different.

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

As the weather has been so kind recently thought I would pop in here. Although I live close by have never visited before although I wish i had.
I had our three year old with us and he loved the trampoline and play area. Lunch in the cafe was also excellent with very good freshly made sandwiches for us.
Then we climbed towards the waterfall and what a fantastic sight.
If you get the chance go visit.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

Called in at the last minute and had a lovely afternoon. Dog-friendly location and started with a light lunch in the cafe. The parsnip curry soup was really lovely. Next, it was a hike up to the falls just be aware it is a very natural walk and not for those impeded in any way, however, there is a flat walk around the lakes you can go on also.
After our walk, it was back to the cafe to replenish our energy with coffee and cake. We both enjoyed the visit

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 April 2018

We went to the Falls after lunch and needed all afternoon and strong shoes, to climb up to the top and also see the victorian ferns in a valley next to the falls. Don't miss where the falls were increased in height to make work for ex miners and provide a leat for fresh water for locals in the valley.
The lunch menu looked very interesting - particularly the specials. We had a cream tea when we came down and it was delicious.