“Great care during Covid-19 Time”

Ashanti Coffee Cafe
Ranked #2 of 3 Quick Bites in Thornbury
Reviewed 25 October 2020

Cafe located on main street near several other choices. We were treated very carefully and with respect as we bought latte, and London Fog as well as excellent carrot cake and date square.
Fortunately has awning that offered us protection as it rained during our snack.

Date of visit: October 2020
Write a reviewReviews (78)

Reviewed 6 July 2020

This used to be my favorite coffee place when we are on a getaway. I used to drive from Meaford every morning to get coffee and a latte. Last week on Thursday, in the afternoon,we went to get a latte. Worst latte I ever had. Tasted like if the coffee grind was brewed twice.My husband had a Thai chicken soup,which after a spoonful he throw in the garbage. Latte and the soup cost $13 and went to the garbage. No more Ashanti for me.

Date of visit: July 2020
Reviewed 25 February 2020 via mobile

The cafe is located on the upper part of the main street. It’s a small, quiet place with friendly staff and lots of baked treats to choose from. I had a really nice hot chocolate. My parents are a big fan of the coffee and have bought bags of it. Definitely one of the popular cafes in town. Would like to try their lunch menu and cupcakes soon.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 29 September 2019

Sandwiches fresh and tasty. Staff pleasant and efficient. Enjoyable lunch. The Chai Latte was great. We will definitely be dropping in again.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank mikesZ3472SM
Reviewed 29 August 2019

We quickly decided this coffee shop had a heartier range of light meal options than the others. However, once we had committed - ie got one of the 4 tables available and started to order we found out that several of our selections off the 3 blackboards were not available. The one helpful but rushed cashier / soup heater/ meal server did what she could - but I ended up eating my desert ( off the counter) while she heated up soup and made toast. Visitors continued to drift in, adding to the business - and wait, Another lady came in to help after about 30 mins.. However - the soup was good, the chelsea bun delicious - and coffee mediocre.

Date of visit: August 2019