“Fly by”

Ranked #10 of 19 Restaurants in Thornbury
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Housed in a historic 1862 building, Winifred's is a casually refined English Pub nestled on a beautiful estate property on the Mill Pond and Beaver River in Thornbury. We're a gathering spot for all ages, family/community events, the largest patio in the Blue Mountain area and host to weekly events such as live music and trivia. Enjoy your favorite refined pub fare, handcrafted drinks, friendly bartenders and experience our Beer Garden! Whether you're kicking back during the day or living it up for a night, Winifred's just might be your favorite new place.
Reviewed 8 September 2020 via mobile

Joy or jody was great telling us some of the history of the house but Melissa needs to be alittle more social fir this line of work .Food was fast and okay but alittle pricy. The place needs alittle love but it was okay. I won't rush back mainly due to the crazy amount of flies. They need ti have fly swatters and use them. We killed 2 bees also. I noticed the kitchen staff not wearing mask or not wearing them properly. Too bad, it could be a cool place.

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank 613barbl
Write a reviewReviews (159)

Reviewed 4 September 2020

Long time patron of Bridges before renamed. This place is going downhill. Cold food, terrible attitude by outside bartender who should not be in the service business. Will not accept ignorant behavior by any staff when paying hundreds $$$ for group meals. There are other places in Thornbury that will respect patrons.

Date of visit: September 2020
2  Thank 652bobn
Reviewed 26 August 2020

I've never posted a bad review but this place was horrible. The food was terrible. My friend ordered a burger that sounded great but came out over cooked, small and covered in processed cheese even though the description said aged cheddar. Much better options in Thornbury.

Date of visit: August 2020
2  Thank adnohr
Reviewed 13 August 2020

Five of us, seating outdoors. Self serve drinks. Menu pretty limited. Order food at bar. The meal arrived in less than 10 minutes which meant some items were pre-cooked or pre-made. I had a salad and half the lettuce was old and brown; my sister had a salad with chicken added for $5.00. The chicken was deep fried little strips on top of her salad and she couldn't eat it – a $20 salad!! Both our salads had been dressed in advance of us arriving at the restaurant. Kids ate burgers but said they weren't very good. My Mom had chicken wings and I can honestly say they were the worst wings I've ever had. Even the fries were gross. And it's not even cheap! Don't waste your money. Why do they call it an English Pub anyways?

Date of visit: July 2020
2  Thank dawly
Reviewed 11 August 2020

On a little getaway with my daughter and this was the only place open. Excellent service, amazing food, very friendly customer service. Will definitely come by again!

Date of visit: August 2020