“Pasta with scallops outstanding”
Review of The Mill Cafe

The Mill Cafe
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Thornbury
Price range: US$3 - US$25
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: A Thornbury landmark restaurant located on the edge of the Beaver river/Mill pond dam. Enjoy amazing views and delicious food on the patio or apres ski by the cozy fireplace. Open for lunch and dinner
Reviewed 12 January 2019

We went to the Mill Cafe with 6 other people and everyone raves about their food. My wife had the halibut and spoke about the ample portion and the great quality. My thoughts exactly on my pasta and scallops with bacon. I would go back for sure.

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank 342ernim
Write a reviewReviews (277)

Reviewed 30 December 2018 via mobile

We had a wonderful evening at the Mill Cafe. The food was good and the service was excellent. Our waitress was so very friendly and made us feel very welcome. I had the halibut which was a bit overdone. My companion had the special - mussels with frites and was very pleased with the preparation and the taste. The restaurant has a nice vibe.

Date of visit: December 2018
1  Thank 1writer-photographer
Reviewed 16 December 2018

We did not have reservations as we stumbled onto this restaurant while we were touring the area. Definitely need then on weekends, the hostess sat us as we promised to be in and out quick. We shared a salad and main. Food portions were very adequate to share. Service was good and the ambiance lovely. We will be back!

Date of visit: June 2018
1  Thank Beachcouple57
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch. The atmosphere and decor is very pleasing. The food and service was great. Received wonderful recommendations from our server. Would highly recommended The Mill Cafe. Will visit again!

Date of visit: October 2018
2  Thank 602lynner
Reviewed 30 October 2018

A friend and I had lunch at the Mill late Oct 2018. What can I say except that I'll be going back. Don't be put off by the exterior, which looks rather under the weather. From entering, you'll be impressed by the very modern, warm and welcoming decor and the highly competent and friendly wait staff. And of course, we go to a restaurant to eat - and the food was great! I had a Golden Beet and Roasted Apple Salad while my friend had the Honey Ranch Wrap. Both were delicious, ample portions and nicely presented. The washrooms are also immaculate. I thoroughly recommend eating at the Mill Cafe.

Date of visit: October 2018