“Amazing dinner!!!”

Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Thornbury
Price range: US$8 - US$28
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A popular family owned Gastropub set in the quaint village of Thornbury, Ontario. We are featured regularly on The Food Network's "You Gotta Eat Here!" Folks come for miles to enjoy Chef Ed Sleep’s culinary delights, over 1000 whiskies in Stephanie's Whisky Bar, and our impeccable service with seasoned waiters. All this nestled into our circa 1875 house with a welcoming and cozy ambience. Reservations highly recommended.
Reviewed 19 December 2020

Wow! I had the Dam Pub's house salad and my husband ordered calamari and braised beef short ribs. Wow! Amazing food and service!

Date of visit: December 2020
Write a reviewReviews (633)

Reviewed 6 November 2020

First time back since last March. I really missed the atmosphere, staff and decor. I had a wonderful meal of one of their features (braised Short rib). I couldn’t have made it better myself, presentation was also very pleasing. We were welcomed with enthusiasm by the masked owner (Stephanie) and her staff. Renovation are also looking good, overall I missed this restaurant and will be back in the near future. Congrats to the new head chef Eddie.

Reviewed 5 November 2020

I returned to the Dam Pub today after the indoor dining had been closed since March due to COVID. The food was amazing as always. The ambience was just as warm and inviting as last year and the staff were so friendly.
It's definitely one of my favourite restaurants to return to.

Reviewed 2 November 2020 via mobile

Had the unfortunate experience of dining here in September. The owner was arrogant and the food reminded me of boil a bag. Asked for water and was given bottled water and charged.

2  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed 1 October 2020 via mobile

Had the lamb shank, Shepard's pie and the fish & chips, calamari and deep fried Haggis apps
Flight of scotch and wine as well as a local cider
Service was exceptional.
With the separation of tables and heaters the patio was amazing.

Date of visit: October 2020