“Tryp At the Pays Cathar”
Review of Les Deux Acacias

Les Deux Acacias
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Villepinte
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Second time we came to have the Cassoulette. Last time was 5 years ago and the memories were good , so high expectation.
We went with kids and it was their first cassoulette. TOTAL Success. They eaten the whole thing.
They have the menu that comprise Cassoulette and salad for 15€.

Very good

Will come back for sure!

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Had the cassoulet for 2 as it was recommended by 2 old french guys in Bram. Cassoulet was aromatic, had a large piece of duck confit and sausage per person but sadly it was still cold in the middle. The waitress said we should have asked for it to be reheated, but as we had already waited over 30 minutes I would have hoped that was enough time for the chef. It was the first cassoulet served to me that wasn't bubbling hot. Otherwise the establishment was very clean, just as many french restaurants are it was sadly lacking in ambiance.

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

We saw this restaurant recently when we passed through the village. It seems to be the only one in Villepinte and we decided to give it a try. It's also a hotel and has a bar.

But frankly I was disappointed. I had a salad de pecheur as a starter, with shrimps, herring, mussels and anchovies but everything was out of a tin or jar.
Not very exiting. My main was an entrecôte which came with French fries and green beans and was ok. Together with a bottle of red from the Corbiere region.

Reviewed 22 June 2016

Had an excellent meal here. Stumbled upon it by accident. We had a great 3 course menu, French food as I once knew it. So much, I find now is fast food for tourists. There was a varied choice of menu. As a starter I had smoked salmon salad, followed by stuffed duck strips,(aiguillettes) stuffing was made with red wine, dauphinoise potatoes and vegetables, followed by ice cream with prunes cooked in Fitou wine and chantilly. My son had toasted goat cheese salad as a starter, followed by steak with beurre de maitre, dauphinoise potatoes and vegetables, followed by apple tart with chantilly. It was all well cooked and presented. I paid 20 euros for my menu and my son 16. Good and friendly service. They were very accommodating to us as we arrived at 1.45pm as they were ending lunch, but agreed smilingly to serce us.

Reviewed 3 August 2015

There's nowhere else to eat in this small village a kilometre walk from the Canal so unless you want to self cater this is it.
The staff were pleasant and the dining room spotless .
Nearing Castelnaudary cassoulet was the inevitable offering which I wished I had tried since my pork chops were somewhat underdone .
Nothing too exciting really but adequate

1  Thank TitusT