“Three travellers from England ”
Review of The Laem Din Hotel

The Laem Din Hotel
Ranked #93 of 104 Hotels in Chaweng
Reviewed 21 July 2015 via mobile

*Don't stay here! End of!
You will be scammed out of money... We stayed here in 2014 for over a week and on the last day when we asked if they didn't mind if we checked out an hour after the check out for free as we stayed so many nights. They of course said that was fine... The hotel didn't have many guests at the time. We were then greeted with a full nights charge on 3 guests. We also had some "additional charges".

So the next year (2015) when I booked this hotel again for my friends (thought I would give it another go) they were told at check in that they couldn't stay in the room I had booked for them, because they weren't me.
Despite my friends offering to phone me and showing them an email they still said it wasn't possible.
They had to book another few nights at full price. Luckily hotels.com got to the bottom of this for me and phoned them up only to be told that they couldn't find my booking. Total scam artists.

Hotels.com gave me a refund... They couldn't have been helpful enough! Would really recommend booking through them.
It didn't say on the terms that you couldn't book on behalf of someone else. Overall a nightmare experience dealing with this hotel.

The only good thing is that the place is conveniently located. The rooms have a mosquito problem. Also very tired looking. Would really recommend the Good Luck bar next door.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends

Reviewed 15 January 2015 via mobile

Do not stay here! The rooms are dirty, got filthy towels upon arrival, the terrasse was very very dusty. We both got rashes and bugbites from sleeping in the beds. The staff are unfriendly, one even raised her finger in my face and yelled at me on several occations. They wanted us to pay for the sheets and linnen and told us that they had tried to eash them but there was marks that wouldt go away. A lie ofcourse, i washed the sheet myself and they were sparkly clean. I offcourse pointed out that paying costumers shouldnt need to wash themself, but only got yelled at again. Didnt even get an excuse from the staff after i washed everything and probed them wrong. Horrible stay, will never go back!

Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Kristine O
Reviewed 30 November 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very nice & clean. The rooms were a good size with really comfy beds. Close to Central which is good & good carpark space.
Nothing bad but nothing amazing! Generally good hotel!
Would have been better if there were things like soap etc in the bathroom but this is a very minor problem.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emily D
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I've reserved here for 10 days but at the 3th day someone come in my room and stolen all my money (probably the cleaner of the hotel) Then i ask to the receptionist that i want to move out and her didn't give me back any money and call police. The worst experience ever,if you love yourself please don t go in this hotel. Cap 2 the hotel wasn't clean i found more than 1 couckraches in the room. Cap 3 the hotel staff is very very poor to speak english....stay away from this place

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marco C
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here because it looked relatively cheap and clean, it was reasonable at best the receptionist had to walk to the adjacent hotel to get change every time we needed to purchase something. It was a bit far from everything but was clean an did what it said on the tin. If your looking for a quiet hotel this is it otherwise try a little closer to the beach.

Stayed: July 2014