“Great pub on the Sandstone Trail. ”
Review of Ring o Bells

Ring o Bells
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in Frodsham
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are open every day for food: from 10am for breakfast, and from 12 noon for dinner, until 9pm. Children and dogs are welcome in all areas of the pub.
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

The Sandstone Trail is a 55 kilometre hiking trail from Frodsham in Cheshire to Whitchurch in Shropshire. The trail is normally completed over three days of approximately 18 kilometres hiking a day. I was only doing a day hike from Frodsham.
The Ring o Bells is conveniently placed near the end/start of the trail In Frodsham. The pub has a beer garden, a wide selection of ales and a lovely menu that caters for all needs - vegan included. Pets are also welcome. It is an ideal place to rest the weary walking legs after a hard days hiking.

1  Thank FrequentFlier756853

Reviewed 3 September 2018

We have eaten here several times under the current management and it was always very good, until the last couple of occasions. On our latest visit I had the liver which was fine but the mash was decidedly un-mashed, lots of lumps and not much of it. My wife had the Sunday special Smoked Haddock which would have been nice if it was hot, sadly only luke warm. Considering we waited half an hour for the food to arrive I think we could have expected better. I have heard a few people express the same comments recently. I hope the owners take heed as it would be a shame to see this place go down hill. I have given 4 stars only because previous visits have been mainly positive.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We’ve met here a couple of times now and it’s a really great place!
The food is reasonable priced and very good. I’ve had the lamb, which has been very tasty. Another time I had the beef stroganoff, which was excellent. My friends agree, it’s a friendly, reasonably priced place to eat, with good food and a nice atmosphere. Worth a visit.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

its approx 30 years since i last visited this lovely pub,my old school friend and i used to
cycle from liverpool over the old runcorn bridge and "up the hill "to the ring o bells,im
pleased to say its in good hands the service is good and the staff friendly,the only
change i noticed was the old cozy real fire had gone,replaced by a log burner,but the
bar area was the same,but its still a joy to visit,it now has a lovely beer garden to the
rear of the pub with fish pond,and must be nice on summer nights,we did a couple
of walks in the area,and decided to have our evening meal there,we noticed it won
best beer award 2017,so we had a couple of pints of the j.w.lees it was absolutly
fantastic,full body full flavour and very creamy,not watery like you get in big city pubs
which drives me mad,on to the meals we both had different meals,my friend had a
lamb dinner which im told he was very happy with and well worth waiting for,i had the
cheshire homemade meat pie with chips and peas,the pie was lovely the meat was
very tender,again well worth waiting for,i always think the sign of a good pub is the
volume of people comeing in and out,and a lot of the tables had reserved on them,it
is what it is very much a locals pub and very popular,so well done ring o bells for
bringing back lots of memories of happy days,we will definitly be back,take care
and all the best peter mcallister

1  Thank 974joe
Reviewed 31 August 2018

Great place to have a drink or eat. The staff are friendly and efficient. I would suggest pre booking for the restaurant as it is very popular. Great prices for food.