“Didn't see much, but got a refund”
Review of Tina Excursiones

Tina Excursiones
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Sustainable Whale watching of La Gomera and with stop in a bay for swimming and a typical lunch and returning all the south coast of La Gomera, Kanarien Islands Visitation from the natural monument Los Organos in the north of the island La Gomera.
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Like most trips like this, seeing the animals are not guaranteed. We didn't see any, and so were refunded. But staff were nice.

There are newer reviews for Tina Excursiones

Reviewed 8 February 2017

Had an amazing time with Tina Excursiones recently. Leaving Playa Santiago we soon came across a pod of Bottle Nosed dolphins followed soon after by a large number of Pilot Whales. The best was to come, a pod of 300+ Atlantic Spotted dolphins with mother & young, they swam with us for a long time & lots of them took part in tail splashing as if to show off! A nice lunch followed before our return. 4 hours well spent & I recommend it. Book though to ensure you get on.

Reviewed 6 December 2016

Booked a whale watching trip on Tina through P & O Cruises. There is a public bus from the capital San Sabastian but be prepared for a scary ride lasting 1.5 hours over a mountain road to reach the boat. Apart from 17 Brits from the ship it was a mixed nationality group on board Tina. The weather was warm and the sea fairly calm. As we left the harbour there was a fantastic rainbow over the island. The crew, particularly the older lady (sorry didn't get her name) were really helpful. She came round to give information about the island and its flora and fauna and to show us the various species of dolphins and whales that could be seen. Unfortunately the whales weren't playing on this trip, but the Bottle Nose Dolphins put on an excellent show, diving under and around the boat and throwing themselves energetically out of the water. We had a fantastic lunch on the boat including a tasty tuna steak cooked in a local spicy sauce on a simple two ring gas barbecue at the back of the boat. This was accompanied by salad and bread washed down with lashings of (strong) sangria and wine. There was also an opportunity to swim of the boat. There were also a couple of locals on the boat who sang to us and a really good atmosphere was created. Although we did not see any whales the crew of Tina worked hard to make this a memorable day where we learnt a lot about this fascinating island and its history and culture. Can't comment on the cost of the trip because we got it as part of a package organised by the cruise company which included a guided mini bus trip across the island from San Sabastian, but to my mind it was a highlight of our holiday and I would recommend it to anyone staying on or travelling to La Gomera.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

We were very interested in taking a raft boat tour to Los Organos, so I called Tina Excursiones to enquire about the availability of their speed boat. I was told by a really not overly enthusiastic staff member that this was in principle possibly (as advertised on their webpage), but that the availability of the speed boat was not clear yet and that I should call again the next day. So I did. The next day, I was put off once more and asked to give them another call after yet another day. No alternative was ever offered, and they left it to me to contact them over and over again. The third day, my phone calls were not answered at all - so I gave up and turned to another company. I feel that such a business conduct is a bit unfortunate.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

This is a great day out and we saw lots of dolphins and pilot whales which was amazing!!

We were struggling to organise a whale watching tour through our rep or hotel so rang these guys directly and they phoned us back. It was very short notice but they accommodated us on the next day's trip. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I suffered with sea sickness as it was quite choppy that day but they were very sympathetic with various remedies to help.

After whale and dolphins spotting we anchored up and had a swim and lunch was prepared. This was our favourite food all week. We have had some great food here but this was so simple, fish with Canarian potatoes, salad and sangria. Very tasty and a great setting, this trip is worth it just for lunch!

The host speaks English and German...I suspect maybe other languages too. She was lovely and the rest of the crew were too. Nothing was too much bother. Definitely recommend the trip.