Lowest prices for your stay
US$61
Free cancellation until 15/07/22
Booking.comUS$59
TravelocityUS$61
ZenHotels.comUS$54
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 February 2022

I went to the hotel on last January it was a great...they treat all of us very friendly....delicious food amazing...thanks hotel kabalana...i recommend this hotel,.pool is very clean...quick beach entry...excellent room service....quick checking...best hotel ever....good sea view....

Date of stay: January 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank madushaniw2022
Reviewed 18 April 2021 via mobile

I booked the hotel beforehand as we are going to stay one night at Hotel Kabalana on half board basis. I will attach the details with this review. Just after the booking they have confirmed our booking through a confirmation email to my email address. ( I will attach the relevant details as photos with this review) . Me and my husband went to the hotel to spend our dreamy Egyptian vacation. When we enter to the hotel premises, the security asked why we came. My husband told we have booked a room through booking.com and the hotel management has already sent us a confirmation email too and he showed it to that security officer. Then the security called The Chaiman Mr.Ranjana Masakoraala and he told to us that Hotel Kabalana is closed due to unavoidable circumstances and we cannot stay here. Just think about our mental situation with a small breastfeeding baby. Their Hotel Management is really disgusting. People don’t spend your precious money on this useless property who ruin customers’ hopes. This so called chairman sent us to another villa which was named as “The Villa Hotel” located on the Unawatuna beach. There we didn’t get what we expected. And their food was totally terrible and disgusting. They offered us just some toast, butter,jam,juice for our breakfast and for the dinner they offered us a mixed fried rice which tasted overcooked. For that , they charged us Rs 16000. This was the actual situation of our dream Egyptian vacation. And I want to say to the general public this message, “Please don’t book this terrible hotel. They will surely mess your precious vacation up and they charge luxurious prices for cheap services”

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 April 2021 via mobile

We were group of 19, stayed in the hotel, and i have no words to express my dislikes on our Stay.
My dear friends pls be keep yourself away from this. Its worst experience i ever had. It will spoil all your mood.
Nothing is working in the property.
No AC, No Wifi, No Phone, No hotwater, you name it and it wont.
But everyone have ready one excuse to give you that is "Technical Error", and if you ask when it will be rectified they immediately say in 30 minutes, but that 30 minutes never come.
Property construction is good, rooms are spacious, but thata not all we need dor comfort stay. Wee could not sleep in the room, and whole night is spoiled.
And you will be able to see cockroaches to rat free of coast.
Nothing much to say staying this property is like committing suicide.
Choice is yours...

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank 791surajv
Reviewed 10 March 2021 via mobile

Me and my friend came to eat in the restaurant. The guard asked us where are we going and we asked if can we eat here and she said yes and she take us to the restaurant. Then she call the waiter to assist us, the waiter gave us the menu and I order beef burger then I asked for wifi password in the Reception and the lady said something really bad in Sinhala and I will not elaborate here and she said there's a problem in the hotel wifi but she said in Sinhala is different which I understand. Then I came back to the restaurant the waiter said Beef Burger is not available and gave me the menu again, while scanning the menu someone came and said no A La carte because they have function and they are busy, and said they don't have food which is awful to say that to a customer especially for a 4 STAR HOTEL. The waiter don't even know that they don't serve A La Carte and was sorry to us. Why open the restaurant if they don't serve food? Why all the staff don't know they don't serve A La Carte? The waiter should say to me that the restaurant is close rather than giving me the menu. Even if they have function, being busy is not a reason to turn down a customer especially in hospitality industry. I'm too disappointed with the service. We left the hotel and the security guard asked me why and I said THERE'S NO FOOD. 4 STAR HOTEL WITH BAD SERVICE. You don't deserve 4 STAR! 1 STAR IS BETTER!

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Hotel Kabalana, General Manager at Hotel Kabalana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2021

Dear Guest,

First of all, we apologize for an inconvenience, that day was a very busy day for our hotel and due to unavoidable reasons we had to suspend the meal. At that time,due to the busy schedule of the wedding, we had no choice other than temporally suspend the delivery of food. As a hotel, we invite you to return here as soon as possible, and kindly request that you give us another opportunity to negotiate with you and apologize for the inconvenienced caused to you.

Thank you.!

Reviewed 15 September 2020 via mobile

Very pretty hotel located in front of stunning beach.the views are mind blowing. We went for dinner outing visit to the hotel and the food provided was just superb. Staff is very friendly front office team was fantastic . Special thanks to vishwa he is do fantastic job. He showed us hotel rooms and explained about the architectural designs and facilities in hotel . Hotel is nice relaxing place.

Food is delicious and magnificent special thanks for chef chandana he is really friendly nice to talk to him. Also iduwara from restaurant his service absolutely fantastic always smiling and very friendly . Amazing hotel and exceptional staff. Thankyou very much guys we will definitely come back again .

Date of stay: September 2020