All reviews sunday carvery loch nell connel bridge an upgrade triple room on arrival small hotel loch view lovely view small balcony lamb an overnight stay three nights comfortable room stunning location wonderful hosts no lift
Reviewed 23 November 2017

Spent one night at 5 star St.Andrews hotel.Drove to Oban the next day and spent 3 days at this great country hotel.Staff very pleasant and helpful.Room clean and comfortable.The food was really good and a large selection.It was so good we ate at the hotel on all three nights.It surpassed our 5 star hotel and made our break very enjoyable.Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2017

I am just back from an overnight stay in the Lochnell Arms and I was very pleasantly surprised. The welcome we received was fantastic from start to finish.

throughout our stay.

Our room was one that had the sea view, and omg what a view, it was simply stunning. The room itself was nice, comfortable and very clean, the only downside was the shower cubicle was quite small, but apart from that you were very well catered for.

I will definitely be going back to the Lochnell Arms as it is a wee gem I must admit that it doesn't look much from the outside, but once you're inside, you won't be disappointed

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband for his birthday. We could not have been happier. The food was fantastic. The staff were brilliant, very friendly and helpful. The room with a view was very comfortable. The only tiny snag was that the shower was not great size wise or power. My husband and I both said that we would definitely stay there again. Keep up the good work everyone at Lochnell Arms Hotel and we will see you again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

This hotel is in a great spot overlooking the Falls of Laura and Connel bridge. The falls are tidal and rush in and out with each tide. Can be spectacular. The rooms are clean, with ensuite and great views. There is a nice lounge bar with open log fire. I recommend the Best bitter. The dining room has great views. My bags were taken to my room. A nice service. The dinner menu is interesting. The Cullen Skink soup was superb, but filling. I had garlic bread with it. Probably a mistake. Just too much for me. The lamb burger was beautifully cooked, but also filling. You need a good appetite. Highly recommended for those wanting to be close to Oban, but in a quieter part.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 November 2017 via mobile

The Oban ferry cancelled and we were stuck. Found the Lochnell Arms and was prepared for one of those deal with it stays. I was way off. The food in the restaurant was really good, one of those meals where you keep eating after you're full. The rooms were big, comfortable and super clean. Nothing bourgeois or modern sleek. Cozy, peaceful, warm and comfy. Our next trip to Scotland will include the Lochnell Arms as part of our plan.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family