US$169
US$185
Grove House(Connel)
US$251
US$125
The Rowans B & B(Connel)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$127
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$177/night.

TripAdvisor
All reviewssunday carveryloch nellconnel bridgebreakfast includedpacked lunchthe owneran upgradeon arrivalsmall balconywonderful viewlambno liftstunning locationwonderful hostsan overnight staycomfortable roomboth nights
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

The Lochnell Arms was recommended to us by our host and we were not disappointed. There is a super view over Connel. There was a good selection to chose from on the menu and daily specials. The service was fast and friendly and the food was very good. We'd go back.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Very warm welcome. Comfortable room and spacious shower room. Very nice evening meal and breakfast. Lovely views from the dining room. A good evening menu offered including some special prices for OAPs! Great service from all the staff. This is a very good reasonably priced place to stay if visiting Oban.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Me and my wife stayed at Lochnell Arms for a couple of nights whilst attending the Oban Sportive.

A phone call ahead met by a cheery and helpful lady confirmed I could leave my bike in the hotel whilst visiting Oban, and early, before we could check in - great start. On arrival they knew who I was and I was quickly shown where I could leave the bike, we were an hour early however our room was ready, so we could get checked in before leaving for town.

The room was perfect for our needs, clean comfortable and quiet.

After visiting town, we sat in the bar loung for a couple of drinks before dinner. All the staff were friendly and attentive however, the owners were stand out. The chap was once big into cycling, so it was great to have a kindred spirit looking after us. He enquired as to the time I would be leaving to attend the cycle and even though it was an hour before breakfast, he personally laid on a simple breakfast for me and a couple of other cyclists who were also staying in the hotel. We didn’t ask for it and he didn’t have to do it - Perfect hospitality.

We dined in the restaurant on both nights and on both nights the food was plentiful and tasty - Compliments to the chef.

We both really enjoyed our stay with Lochnell Arms and found the staff and the owners to be fantastic hosts. I won’t be attending the Oban Sportive next year as it was brutal and nearly killed me, so I will have to find another reason to visit the area so we can stay again.

Thank you for looking after us.

Jim & Judith Broon

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Part of me really wants to give this hotel 5 stars because we had a really lovely stay, but there were a couple small issues.

The hotel itself is situated in a lovely part of Scotland with fantastic views during breakfast and evening meals and a beautiful surrounding area which we explored and got some fantastic holiday snaps.

Upon checking in the room was clean, had all the regular facilities you would expect and for me personally the bed was reasonably comfortable. My partner is generally not a great sleeper and had some issues falling asleep, but personally I found it comfortable enough.

My only criticisms would come concerning the room, there was quite a bit of noise from adjacent rooms whenever anybody opened or closed a door, moved around or spoke even remotely loudly, fortunately though for us it did not disturb our visit at all, but something to be aware of if booking.

The decor was a little bit dated, but again this wasn't really offputting or really a negative for us, again just something to be aware of.

The main reason why I didn't feel I could give 5 stars was the shower. It seemed to have a mind of its own. Each morning after a minute or two of use the temperature and pressure would randomly, wildly fluctuate between ice cold and boiling hot, to the point of pretty much lightly scalding my chest one morning. We reported this to the manager and he investigated.

Speaking of which the staff/owners/managers were all absolutely fantastic. Genuinely lovely people, content to have a little chat or bit of banter at the bar and over breakfast combined with excellent service.

Breakfast in and of itself was great, a decent number of menu items every day served hot along with fresh fruit, juice and cereal. One of our biggest regrets of our short stay was that we only ate in the restaurant once for an evening meal. The one night we stayed in and ate there the food was, again absolutely fantastic. Better than any we had in restaurants in Oban etc. The portion sizes were gigantic, service again was great and my partner and I's starters and mains both tasted impeccable.

Overall, possibly not ideal if you are a particularly light sleeper or fussed about your room being particularly trendy, but our holiday was enhanced significantly by our stay. Had a great time would happily stay again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Fab view from the dining room and energetic and cheerful host who cooked great breakfasts. A bit of a rabbit warren finding our room with very steep and dark stairs and no lift which could be a problem for some guests. Tiny room with very little space to put cases etc. noises from next room

Room Tip: Get a room with a view and a bigger shower
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple