All reviews sunday carvery loch nell connel bridge an upgrade triple room on arrival small hotel loch view lovely view small balcony lamb an overnight stay three nights comfortable room stunning location wonderful hosts no lift
Reviewed 17 May 2017

Tripple room with good views over the river and well away from the bar. The room was clean and tidy and well looked after. Tea and coffee making facilities were provided along with a Freeview TV. Ensuite bathroom had a good electric shower and nice fluffy towels. Toilet flush was a bit temperamental and occasionally the cistern would fill continuously unless handle returned to usual position.

Reviewed 17 May 2017

We stayed in this hotel for three nights and it exceeded expectations in many areas. Firstly the hard working couple who own it could not be more welcoming. They and their staff always had a big smile and made us feel welcome from start to finish. The dining room is a conservatory and patio with views over Loch Etive, the Connel Bridge and the Falls of Lora. If you get the opportunity see if you can secure Room 1 which is built into the roof and as well as a being a clean, en-suite bedroom, it has its own patio doors onto a balcony with a table and two chairs. With the right weather (which we had) drinking wine on this balcony looking down on the Loch is an absolute must. Definitely a place to return. Please keep up the good work in being the perfect hosts.

Room Tip: Room 1 has a balcony overlooking the Loch
Reviewed 11 May 2017

I could not fault the cleanliness of this place or the lovely evening meal that we had or indeed the wonderful view, however I can say that I found the rooms to be slightly dated in appearance with regards to faded pictures, non matching and stained furniture and tired wallpaper also the TV was the size of a matchbox which was a bit disappointing for the size of room, but I suppose there was always the view.

The most disappointing was the fact that breakfast was not served until 8am, In my opinion this is a bit late, however might suit some.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2017

The welcoming atmosphere continued though our stay. The restaurant was great and we enjoyed our Seniors meal. There was a spectacular sunset and it was lovely to walk along the 'beach' to capture it. Our sleep was disturbed by a noisy motor running which was a shame as otherwise it was a comfortable place.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rutlandlass
Reviewed 8 May 2017

I have been going to the lochnell since 1954 first with my parents and sisters and later with my own family. Wonderful place,wonderful view, great service. Went yesterday for lunch,we were informed we could only have the carvery on Sunday's. Had we not walked five miles we would have left, however we were hungry and thirsty so I have the carvery and my wife just had the starter of melon,prawns,pate,cous cous. The carvery meat choice was fine, pork,beef,turkey. I had the pork and the turkey which were all right if a little dry, the vegetables were pretty poor, cold cauliflower roast potatoes that were cool and very tired looking, gravy with a skin on it.come on owners, put the full menu on on Sunday's. We were the only people who had food yesterday although the place was quite busy.

1  Thank Robert A