All reviews atlantic side st kitts grocery store maid service is golf course frigate bay area caribbean beach close to the hotel loved this hotel garden view room luxury resort taxi stand beach towels pizza boys explore the island beaches pools
Reviewed 27 August 2018

The hotel is in good location however it is not well maintained. Although they have big area and the pool inside is not been maintain. But still, it is a great place to stay. The beach is not as good as it was before.

Stayed: January 2018
Chelsea J, General Manager at Sugar Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Hi Roel G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us.

We are in quite a good and convenient location in Frigate Bay. We are currently working on some upgrades for the hotel and we look forward to offering a better product to our guests. I am sorry to hear that you feel the pool inside is not maintained. If you can please email me at generalmanager@sugarbayclub.com with details on the pool so I can look into this ASAP. We have a pool company that comes daily to take care of the pools on property so I am surprised to hear this.

The beach is unfortunately at this time succumbing to the tides and the sargassum seaweed so is not currently useable like it used to be. We do apologize for this, however it is currently out of our control at this time. We are in the midst of discussing a long term plan to assist with this. Please do email me if you have the time on the pool details, so I can be sure to rectify.

Chelsea

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I visited the property in March and stayed in one of their renovated rooms. Absolutely beautiful room, bed the decor,the bathroom awesome. However the property is still using the outdated key system for entry. The grounds and other section of the property were under construction so the asthetics were poor. Service was really nice and the food at onsite properties were good.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Good Morning Rohanmichaeli,

Thank you for again choosing to return to the Sugar Bay Club Hotel. We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our renovated rooms the last time that you stayed with us. We thank you for your understanding during this renovation phase, we are almost finished and we look forward to having the property construction free and offering more renovated rooms for your guests like yourself to enjoy.
Our team works hard daily to ensure that our guests enjoy their time with us so I am glad to hear that the service was really nice along with the restaurants on property.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our property in the near future. Do enjoy the rest of your week and thank you for taking the time to write about your stay.

Regards,
Chelsea

Reviewed 23 July 2018

First of the last time I was in St. Kitts I paid way to much at the resort down the street from this place. I was happy when we found this place. The price was right and rooms was nice and cool, food and Entertainment was right around the corner. When I go back to St. Kitts this is where I will be staying.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Chelsea J, General Manager at Sugar Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Thank you Dellon B for taking the time to review your stay with us. We love hearing when our guests enjoy their time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future. Please feel free to email us directly at info@sugarbayclub.com when you are ready to make your next booking. Have a lovely weekend.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Stayed here for 2 nights for work. I had read the mixed reviews before arriving and wasn't sure what to expect. At the end of it, I will say that in its current state it's not the greatest place to stay and I won't go back in a hurry. The location is convenient as there are various food options on-site and nearby. But otherwise, I can't say I was very inspired. I arrived late at night and check-in was a lengthy process somehow. Eventually I was taken to a ground-floor room along a dark corridor near to the roadway - noticed no security near that wing of the hotel and felt unsafe. Turned out the AC and WiFI in that room were non-existent anyway, so I was moved to another room. The second room felt much safer, the AC worked well and the WiFi was okay - still pretty spotty though. The hotel itself was pretty run down and in serious need of some upgrades. To be fair, there was daily work taking place in some areas, so there's hope. The hotel is on a beach but not one for bathing. Overall, I suppose for the price it might be an attractive option, but personally my stay left quite a bit to be desired.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Chelsea J, General Manager at Sugar Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you Crystal A for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are sorry to hear that your stay was us was not to your expectations. We are conveniently located within walking distance to lots of restaurants, the beach, the golf course and supermarkets. I do apologize that check in was a lengthy process. I would really appreciate it if you send me your booking details (generalmanager@sugarbayclub.com) so I could look into this to see what caused your check in to be lengthy and also to follow up on your room issues. This would assist us in avoiding future reoccurrences. We have two security officers on nightly. They are always available and will gladly escort any of our guests to their rooms should that be requested. As you stated, we are currently undergoing upgrades to offer a new and improved product to our guests which we are very excited about. Our beach is the Atlantic which has strong undercurrents, so as you stated, not recommended for swimming. We do apologize that your stay with us was not to your standards. It would be lovely if you could email me directly as stated above so we ensure to avoid these issues from happening again. Do enjoy the rest of your week.
Regards.

Reviewed 21 May 2018

We loved this hotel more and more as the days went by, friendly very helpful staff who went out of their way to welcome us, it really felt like home for 10 days !

Best Bits: The location was perfect 5 mins easy walk to the Caribbean beach & the few bars and restaurants on "the strip", great local restaurants, shop, cashpoint & coffee shop. Beautiful gardens, two pools and wildlife (birds, butterflies & bats & mongoose !!). We could just see the sea from our garden view room balcony but we could hear it most of the time, it was nice to have it just at the end of the garden to watch the rollers. Beds are extremely comfortable and the whole place is very relaxed, so glad we did not stay in any of the other local hotels, especially the ghastly Marriot.......this is the best place to stay for a local experience.

Things to help your stay and manage your expectations:

1. This is not the Ritz, however it is on a parr with good Greek apartments which suited us. You will not be disturbed or hassled in anyway. Maid service is very good and rooms have all you need.
2.People on the beaches recognise you from the beach towels, the few beach sellers seem target Marriott guests and you may even pay less for drinks etc.
3. Say "good morning" to everyone! If you are English they aren't used to the accent so you may need to repeat yourself several times......
4. The hotel renovations are due to be completed by the end of May, they did not in any way affect the quality of our stay or disturb us, in fact their coming and goings were quite amusing and everyone is so polite.
5. Nightlife is VERY low key and some places close at 9pm, Don't assume all restaurants will be open each night, they all have different closure days
6. Getting around, no buses tourists can use unfortunately. Richard Dore can booked for Taxis at Reception, very very reasonable & reliable driver.

Great relaxing holiday we could not have made a better choice of hotel thank you !

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms are garden rooms with lovely view of gardens and pool, couldn't see any reason to pay for extra.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Renee194
Chelsea J, General Manager at Sugar Bay Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Renee194 thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are beyond happy to hear that your 10 day stay with us was a great one and that it felt like home. Our staff work hard daily to ensure that all of our guests have an enjoyable stay and feel as welcomed as possible.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of our location, our beds, restaurants and pools. We love being able to offer the local experience that you enjoyed during your time with us. Thank you again for choosing the Sugar Bay Club and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future. Have a wonderful week!
Warm Regards.