Andalsnes Camping & Motell
US$147
US$144
Quality Hotels
  • Breakfast included
Hotell Molde Fjordstuer(Molde)(Great Value!)
US$132
Good 3.5/5
Sunndalsora Hotel(Sunndalsora)
TripAdvisor
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstable tennisgiant chessthe riverbeautiful locationroad tripcamperscabinkitchenreceptionfacilitiestrollstigenmountainsnorway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2017

Extremely friendly staff, very helpful. good price for camping and a beautiful location. Facilities were good, clean and tidy. Sanitary block and kitchen were both well placed and clean. We stayed for one night on a road trip in August, camping with our 2 children. had fun playing giant chess and table tennis. ideal spot after driving from Gerainger and Trollstigen, then headed to Aalesund the next day.

Room Tip: we camped by the river and stayed dry...but heed the tidal warnings
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2017

We were going to stay for 3 days with a caravan:
We are experienced campers who have traveled and visited many places in Norway.

Not very service-tuned reception, We had to cancel our stay due to illness, we were not refunded because "everyone would have it" Many who come and go "???

Poor drainage on the area in general.
Poor cleaning on shower and toilet. The water was not drained and it flooded all over the floor.

No system for setting up cars, cars and / or tents. Very little systematic

Low access to power supply.

Bad / Weak network.

Had expected higher standards from what I read online. and at the price they take, this is the most expensive campground we have visited in Norway.

Positive.
The surrounding area and nature.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Two nights before our stay at Andalsnes, we had camped at a nice spot in Sanngrund. Not too big, near the road, but with the most reasonable price, super fast reliable wifi, and cosy showers. The reader can predict what's coming next: the shower's at Andalesen where an absolute nightmare for the four of us, and of course we had to pay for a token. So instead of the -100°C free shower, we got the paid -98°C one. I for one, couldn't even get in, even though I had thought that if I waited a while after the peak hour, I'd show my friends that it wasn't that bad, and apparently my shower was even worse. The wifi... I know is not really expected to have an amazing connection, but this one was not even decent. You go to a camping site for the showers and the wifi, otherwise you wild camp, as we did many times in Norway. I am not paying just for 2 square meters, it wouldn't make sense. We where really disappointed. The emplacement is beautiful, but sadly that has nothing to do with the camping management. Never again.

Room Tip: Don't expect to have wifi (at all).
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Travelled as a couple showing Norway to our niece (i.e. 3 adults). Spent one night in a cabin with two bedrooms before showing her Trollstigen. The cabin suited us and the view was nice (next to a river, on the other side of the river a road and then mountains with smaller waterfalls). WIFI didn't work at all from the cabin (they said it had something to do with a nearby site, I didn't ask if they'd tried Mesh or similar), we had to move close to the reception to connect. It's a very relaxing place, and if the WIFI had worked I would have given 5 stars.

Room Tip: I'd assume all cabins to have a similar view, so I expect all of them to be good.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2017

this camp ground sited in a beautiful spot on the Trauma river with nice mountain views but the main highway to Oslo is just on the other side of the river and the road to trollstriger is literally thru the middle of the park so lots of traffic noise. The long thin trip along the river gives access to the playground and the internet access and across the road is a nice forest area that would be quieter

Stayed: June 2017