Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
SAVE US$5
getaroom.comUS$83
Trip.com
ZenHotels.com
All reviews overlooking the marina an ideal base bars and restaurants balcony view los gigantes cliffs rooms are basic local supermarket cooker channels
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 January 2020

We've stayed here before and were very happy to return. It's right on the harbour and the closest you're going to get to the beach, very close to a good supermarket open from 8am to10pm. The rooms are basic but comfortable, bright, open and fresh, cleaned every 3 days. The TV tuned in to BBC 1 and 2, ITV and some Channel 4 channels as well as Spanish radio.

Of course there was a kettle - if there wasn't one just ask at reception. There's no toaster but the cooker has a fast grill. The fridge was absolutely fine, with a large freezer: if, as another person has alleged, the fridge was 'warm' it was broken. Alternatively, they could turn the thermostat down. I don't know what people do that needs bed linen and towels changing so often: in 10 nights ours was changed once and we could have had them changed as often as we wanted. The mattresses are almost a foot deep and very comfortable.

The kitchen is basic. Two saucepans, two frying pans, cutlery, crockery, moka pot, basic cooking utensils, a pyrex bowl and a colander, a bread knife, one larger and small knife that were not sharp. We buy a very sharp veg knife from the local supermarket for £2.50.

Reception staff were kind and helpful.

Water pressure is excellent, hot water available whenever we wanted it. Water comes out of the ordinary plastic shower head and the shower curtain keeps the water in the bath: again, I don't know what people expect. The water is soft in Tenerife.

We'd happily return to Poblado Marinero, why spend more to climb up and down the very steep hills?

Room tip: Ask for a room overlooking the quiet courtyard.
Reviewed 22 January 2020 via mobile

Basic isnt the word. Paid for sea view has to peer between buildings to see it. Room is sparse to say the least. Uncomfortable furniture. Same on balcony furniture unusable actually caused pain sitting on the sofa and balcony furniture. No toaster no kettle warm fridge. Noisey, dirty, dated pit. Paid 90 euro for one night and I'm considering sleeping in the car. Everything costs extra room safe 10 euro wifi 5 euro tv is ancient bathroom looks like something out of a horror film. Rotten wooden balcony windows are not secure corridor is pitch black. Could have had 5☆ hotel for a few euro more this place should be condemned.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 January 2020

I've stayed here before - it's average.

I can't figure out if this is a privatly run hotel or
what.

I see there are apartments for sale in this complex.

Can anyone shed a bit of light on this?

Thanks.

Shane

Date of stay: November 2019
1  Thank Shane K
Reviewed 1 January 2020 via mobile

Following our cancelled plans due to TC going under we had no other option to book these apartments.
Pros
Location
Access to marina and supermarket
Large balcony area

Cons
Poor standards of hygiene
No change of bedding
One change of towels all week
No cleaning
Very noisy
Beware of dustbin men at 1am every night
Impossible to make a meal
Grottty cupboards
Uncomfortable bed

Wouldn't return at any price, didn't spoil our holiday but this isn't upto any level of basic standard.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2019

Have just spent a week in Los Gigantes visiting a friend. Stayed in Poblado Marinero apartments as they were very convenient and just a short walk to just about everywhere - the shops, bars and restaurants of Los Gigantes.
The Poblado Marinero Apartments are an ideal base and are right next to the harbour / marina. The apartment I had was a one bedroomed apartment with a balcony view of the harbour and Los Gigantes Cliffs - it was most pleasant having my breakfast on the balcony every day and again enjoying a drink on an evening whilst taking in the magnificent view of the harbour and the impressive cliffs.
The apartment was basic but clean and the kitchen had enough equipment to keep me happy during my stay.
I had a problem the first evening with being too warm but after informing reception I was given a huge fan and didn’t have a problem for the rest of my stay.
I am personally not interested in having wi-fi but I believe that is in the reception area only.
I would definitely recommend Poblado Marinero apartments if you want a good value apartment which is next to the beautiful harbour and cliffs and only a 2 minute walk to the centre.

Date of stay: September 2019