All reviews pine forest walking holiday teide national park coastal resorts turkish bath peaceful hotel steam room three nights climbing wall the hotel website swimming pool enjoyed our stay balcony overlooking half board a wonderful stay superior room fantastic hotel
Reviewed 6 December 2017

I like it for the vintage style of the hotel and quality of the room which overcome my less good impression about the half board food ; I also like the situation between the sea and the teide, where the air, the sky and the light are so pure ;
count 45 min to go to the coast and 30 min to go to the caldera by car.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 22 November 2017

This hotel is in a lovely quiet setting. Our room on the second floor reached by lift was very good. A large twin bedded room with balcony overlooking the garden. The bathroom was large with two wash basins, bath and shower. Everything was kept beautifully clean. The breakfasts were very good with a choice of bacon , scrambled and boiled eggs, cheese , cold meats etc. The bread was delicious. The reception and restaurant staff were excellent especially Cecilia , Estelle and Violetta. I was on the same trip as Jill and Marion who have reviewed. We were not a group of walkers but were looking at flowers and birds with very little walking. It was 27 degrees and we could not get the A/C to work. I reported it to reception and was told as it is November it has been turned off. I told them that we had trouble sleeping as the room was so hot and was told to open a window. I think that as paying guests our comfort should be most important. We were there 4 nights and it was not turned on. The other niggle is charging 3 euros to replenish coffee and tea bags in the room. I have travelled all over the world for 30 years. and have never been charged before. We were on a set menu and it was not very good, Obviously done as cheaply as possible. Soup, salad for starters and mousse or fruit salad for dessert. The traditional food night was so bad that I asked to have something else for dessert along with 5 other people my end of the table. The main courses were not very exciting either. My vegetarian friend got to choose off the al a carte menu one evening and the food was lovely. It would be better to charge a bit more and give 3 choices from the al a carte menu.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Fantastic place to stay, away from busy coastal resorts. Extremely peaceful and attractive hotel, therefore less suitable for children but ideal for relaxation or walkers with many paths through the pine forests.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 19 November 2017

Lovely location but given an attic room and directed to the lift. After several trips up and down in the lift was told that it only went to the second floor! So it was alift to the second floor, a long corridor them 3 flights of stairs with lights that automatically switched off, sometimes before I reached the top as I am disabled and take some time on stairs. The room was good and clean but the door to the balcony was warped and wouldn`t open. There were 2sachets of coffee ans sugar but no milk and a notice saying that extra items would cost 3 Euros!
The food was excellent except for the "traditional" meal served one night without any choice. I didn`t care for the starter and am not sure what the sweet was but it tasted awful.

Room Tip: Avoid the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank mariondale
Hoteles-Reveron, Director General at Hotel Spa Villalba, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your comment and assessment to improve the aspects mentioned,
You came with a group of walkers, we did not know they were elderly, the attic are actually on the third floor with a section of stairs. If we had known of your difficulties, we would have change the room to the first floor without a doubt.
We did not know of your discomfort and the guidance of your group or you did not inform us of your disability, being a group of walkers we did not think you had mobility problems.
For the next occasion we will be more attentive so that these problems do not arise with the stairs.
I also recommend that you report your mobility problems in advance.

Again, thank you very much and we regret the inconveniences you had during your stay.
Kind regards

Reviewed 13 November 2017

A lovely big sort of suite. Big bedroom with two beds and plenty of storage. Bathroom with walk-in shower. Sitting room with tv, 2 sofas and doors to balcony with view of the garden. However, there is no lift to this floor, so you have to lug your suitcase up steep stairs, and these stairs are not always lit, and the light switch does not always work. I would recommend that you avoid this floor.
The staff are very friendly and helpful, but problems (for example a dodgy light) are not rectified immediately.
We were on half board and one if our group was vegetarian. This was notified in advance and they were reminded each day. But her packed lunch had the same ham and cheese sandwich as the rest of us, and that evening she was given soup containing a piece of sausage along with everyone else. On repeating that she didn't eat meat she was given an omelet and salad.

Room Tip: Avoid attic rooms (no lift)
Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends