All reviews family and friends comfortable room roof terrace recommend this hotel nice hotel stayed here for one night two night stay jacuzzi canal tripadvisor curtains girona uk privacy receptionist
Reviewed 30 December 2017

We arrived at this hotel late at night after an appalling experience at the hotel Emporium in Castello d'Empuries (link below to Tripadvisor report)

The receptionist at Port Salins greeted us warmly and we were quickly and efficiently checked in and given a choice of normal or superior rooms, and no pressure to upgrade, however we chose the superior and quieter rooms at the back overlooking the water. Lovely big rooms and quiet.

Throughout our stay we were treated in a friendly and helpful manner by all the staff with whom we had contact.

We didn't eat in the hotel so can't comment on the food but if it is as good as everything else then it will be a pleasure to eat there on a future stay.

( https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g1190243-d1107955-r549898652-Emporium-Castello_d_Empuries_Province_of_Girona_Catalonia.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT )

Room tip: Quiet rooms overlook the canal at the back. Worth paying the extra.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Montse E, Director General at Port Salins Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

Dear Mr. Mike340.,

First of all I will like to thanks you for your comments. I am so happy to read yu injoy so much during your staying. We try always to give the best service an attention. Four us this is the most important thing.

Your recommendation is very appreciated. Please do let me know when you are planning returm to Empuriabrava as I would be delighted to look after your arrangements myself.

Warmest Regards.,

Montse Espejo
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 19 October 2017

My wife and I have just returned from a two night stay at this first class hotel.We have stayed here before while visiting family in the area and it never disappoints.Our room was very clean and well presented and all members of staff were friendly and efficient.We shall certainly be returning.

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank DLODRATSAB
Reviewed 11 October 2017

What a fabulous experience very friendly staff,comfortable room and the food in the restaurant is to die for.Incredible value,everything was first class and we have eaten in Michelin star restaurants.in terms of value for money it’s impossible to beat from the welcome glass of bubbly and set menu including wine.Great location pool and spa area

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed 1 September 2017

Overall the place is calm and clean. It is not particularly trying hard. It has been ready for a refresh for some time. My one complaint would be the waiter at breakfast - very surly and unhelpful. They make you set your own table outside and don't bother clearing up. He actually shouted at me for taking a place setting from inside to outside. It rather ruined my morning.

Room tip: Balcony room level 3
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2017

We stayed here for one night. The staff was friendly and knew the area very well when we asked about what beaches to go to and where to eat.
The rooms were neat and clean and located next to the harbor in a quiet area. Rooms were a bit small. The hotel has a beautiful terrace with wonderful view over the harbor.

Date of stay: July 2017
1  Thank Hiral D
Montse E, Director General at Port Salins Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Guest.,

Many thanks for the comments. As I always explain, for us it very important , all the coments of our guest. All of our customers gives us the possibility to improve our services.

I am very pleased indeed to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us so much and that your particularly enjoyed the services that you receive from the team, also of the beautiful terrace .

About the room, we have 3 differents type of rooms , may be to have been on the small one ( the economy double room ).
We recomended if you are comming back to Empuriabrava take a double superior room with balcony on the canal side.
Please let me know when you are planning a return to empuriabrava as I would be delighted to look after your arrangements myself.

Warmest Regards.,