“Spectacular views and good food ”
Review of On The Rocks

On The Rocks
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We made a reservation. We were seated inside. Waiter arrived and we asked if we could sit outside. It was very busy but she made a plan for us to sit outside we were seated at a lounging spot which was lovely outside until a table became available. The food was really good. We had fish cakes R80 and squid R70 for starters. Main course we had linefish of the day which was cardinal fish and it was amazing R145 reasonably priced . Dessert was creme brulè. The dessert was served beautifully but the sugar did not crack but tasty non the less and served with a sugar weave type basket on the top.
We had drinks, my husband drink which was a a double ciroc gin with ginger ale was R118 which is very expensive for gin, I had a strawberry daiquiri R70. The staff were great always checking up but not like in your face. We will definitely go back.

Date of visit: November 2018
OnTheRocks12, General Manager at On The Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear 936rikab,

Thank you very much for sharing your latest experience at On the Rocks with us. We are delighted to hear that it was so memorable. Your kind words will definitely be share with the rest of our team who I am certain will be just as happy to hear the feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back for more of the same.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lovely setting. Cardinal fish dish was of high rank.Service by Josie was a delight.Chicken dish needs a lot of work,was more cordon bland and far below cordon bleu standard just chicken with bacon stuffed in.Perhaps leave out chicken dishes from menu if not confidant.

Date of visit: November 2018

Dear Andre,

Thank you for taking the time to review our establishment. We highly value all our guests' feedback regarding their experiences at On The Rocks. Your comment regarding the chicken dish has been noted and will be discussed with your team in the kitchen. We always strive to provide our guests with the best service and good quality dishes however on this occasion we let our guest down as well as ourselves and we sincerely apologize for this.

We look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again in the near future and provide you with a much improved experience.

With Kind regards,

The On The Rocks Team

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We've had one brilliant meal, one OK meal, and some nice sundown drinks here. For the price I would expect more consistently good food. Also, sometimes the staff don't seem to be too clear on what the details of the food they are serving is. I was told my prawns came in a white sauce, but it came in a sort of reduction. It was nice, but not what I thought I had ordered. The waitress was nice, and could have just been an off day. Not too sure we will rush back, but will likely give it another shot at some point, as our first meal there was amazing,

Date of visit: October 2018

Dear Emma,

Thank you for taking the time to review On The Rocks. It is through valuable feedback such as yours that we are able to identify areas where improvement is needed and correct them to proved our guests with the best possible experience at our restaurant.

We look forward to the opportunity of hosting you again in the near future and provide you with a much improved experience when it comes to service and the quality of the food.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Position is really great and restaurant always busy, however the food is pretty average and service not that great. The last time I was there I ended up at casualties from just four mussels I ate fromm friends plate, but must admit she did not get sick only me. Frist time I got sick eating mussels. Cannot say for sure it is the restaurants fault.

Date of visit: September 2018

Dear Ann,

Thank you for your feedback on your experience at On the Rocks. I would like to apologize on behalf of On the Rocks and our head office that you did not receive our usual standard of dishes and service. We value all reviews as this enables us to improve on our offerings and service.

We hope to continue the conversation privately to address all of the raised issues that you experienced. Could you please send us with your e-mail address to marketing@seascapecollection.co.za.

Management

Reviewed 1 November 2018

Very nice establishment with the best views while having very tasty breakfast , what more can I say ,

Date of visit: October 2018
OnTheRocks12, General Manager at On The Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Dear Bezzy,

Thank you very much for sharing your latest experience at On the Rocks with us. We are delighted to hear that it was so memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back for more of the same.