“It does what it says on the tin!”
Review of Bulls Head

Bulls Head
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Wolvey
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 June 2017

Recently began visiting her for meals and have not been disappointed in any way. The food is hot, tasty and well presented. Always a warm, friendly welcome from the hosts & staff. The menu is varied and quite extensive.. I would think that there is something to suit everyone's tastes. The 2 for 1 offer on certain meals which is available during the daytime represents excellent value for money and the size & quality of the meals is not compromised in any way (we have noticed in other establishments who offer the same deal that the meals seem to be a 'poorer' version when bought on the offer) A new menu was recently launched but pleased to see our favourite Ranch burgers are still on there.
Also noticed some good deals such as curry nights, which includes a drink, at an excellent price. All in all, this isn't a fine cuisine restaurant, its a pub that serves food, good ol pub grub, plus a few other tasty sounding dishes, and a great choice of beers, wines & spirits. It does exactly what it says on the tin!!

Rob E, General Manager at Bulls Head, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2017

Many thanks for your lovely review on the Bulls Head!! Its always great to hear positive comments!! I'm glad you are happy with both the food and the service that we provide to you!! I love the comment that we are indeed a pub that serves food!! We don't claim to be silver service, just good pub grub!!!

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Again many thanks for your review.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

I have been visiting this pub every other week with my best mate over the last couple of months since moving to the area, and have felt the need to write a review as we are made to feel most welcome by the team at this pub. The food and service is second to none and always met with smile and excellent service. I have been to all the pubs in the village and this is the best in the area always a lovely friendly atmosphere.

Rob E, General Manager at Bulls Head, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

I'm so glad that you have enjoyed the Bulls Head since moving into the village! I'm glad that our food and service has always met up to your expectations! Many thanks for giving us such a lovely review! See you again soon!!

Many thanks

Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Just popped in for quick lunch with workmates...wainwrights ale in amazing condition...service friendly and helpful and the food way above average for this type of community pub and well priced. 2 for 1 burger was highlight. Better food than the blue pig. We'll be back

1  Thank Richard K
Rob E, General Manager at Bulls Head, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to give us a review!! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your lunch here with us and also our wainwrights ale! We hope to see you again here soon.

Again many thanks.

Reviewed 21 April 2017

My wife and I meet my brother and his wife most Friday lunchtimes, and over the weeks i have found the meals to be beautiful.

Rob E, General Manager at Bulls Head, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Thank you for leaving us such a lovely review.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Booked in as a table of eleven. Table booked for 1-30. We was Seated on arrival. Ordered drinks at the bar. Viewed the menu. Ordered at the bar and paid on ordering. I ordered the Sunday carvery roast beef food was good. Asked for more potato as the menu stated unlimited vegetables to be told there wasn't any more but could have mire gravy if required. Disappointed with there reply after menu states more vegetables. Very attentive staff happy to help when asked for products.

Rob E, General Manager at Bulls Head, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Many thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the service that we gave you and your family. I'm sorry that we could not give you more potatoes on Sunday. Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower and Peas are the unlimited vegetables on the Sunday Lunch. Unfortunately this does not include the potatoes. Again I'm sorry for the confusing and not making this clearer. We hope to see you again in the future.

Again Many thanks from your team here at the Bulls Head.