“Good food at a good price”
Review of Bulls Head

Bulls Head
Ranked #3 of 3 Restaurants in Wolvey
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2017

My wife and I meet my brother and his wife most Friday lunchtimes, and over the weeks i have found the meals to be beautiful.

Rob E, General Manager at Bulls Head, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! Thank you for leaving us such a lovely review.

We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Booked in as a table of eleven. Table booked for 1-30. We was Seated on arrival. Ordered drinks at the bar. Viewed the menu. Ordered at the bar and paid on ordering. I ordered the Sunday carvery roast beef food was good. Asked for more potato as the menu stated unlimited vegetables to be told there wasn't any more but could have mire gravy if required. Disappointed with there reply after menu states more vegetables. Very attentive staff happy to help when asked for products.

Rob E, General Manager at Bulls Head, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Many thanks for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the service that we gave you and your family. I'm sorry that we could not give you more potatoes on Sunday. Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower and Peas are the unlimited vegetables on the Sunday Lunch. Unfortunately this does not include the potatoes. Again I'm sorry for the confusing and not making this clearer. We hope to see you again in the future.

Again Many thanks from your team here at the Bulls Head.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

have eaten here many times and the meals aswell as the service is always both punctual and professional.all the staff are extremley welcoming and also very helpful.also lunched here christmas day and it was truly incredible,fantastic experience and will definitley be returning this year for christmas day.if u need to take a partner or family for a special meal then this is certainly the place to visit.

Rob E, General Manager at Bulls Head, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Many thanks for your review!

I'm pleased that you are happy with our service and I'm glad we helped you celebrate Christmas!!

We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

Majority of the restaurant is within a very large conservatory, it was a sunny day and warm outside, no doors and windows were open and the radiators were on. Extremely hot and uncomfortable, couldn't wait to leave. The décor is very dated and the whole place seems run down and shabby especially the carpets and the inside of the conservatory.

Waiting staff were pleasant, but some hospitality training wouldn't go amiss, the place wasn't busy, but we had to wait 15 minutes to be offered a menu (stated look at Sunday lunch menu, but no Sunday Lunch menu offered), were not informed orders needed to be placed at the bar, sat for another 10 minutes waiting for someone to take order, in a place of this size orders really should be taken at the table.

Dress code of the staff also goes along way, rather than scruffy T shirt+ jeans+trainers, waiting staff really should be in shoes, black trousers/skirt and white shirt/blouse, or a branded uniform. At no point were we offered more drinks, had to ask.

Only had Sunday roast in the end, very poor overall, watery vegetables, tough meat, Yorkshires strait from the packet, barely roasted roast potatoes. It isn't 1998 anymore, there are a lot of places competing for trade and this quality just doesn't cut it.

This pub is in a nice location with a good car park, but they really need to raise their game.

6  Thank great_kahn

Many thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I do believe this review to be a little unfair and it would appear in your review that you wasn't happy with anything we offer our customers at the Bulls Head.

1/ One part of our pub is a conservatory which can be difficult to gauge the heat dependant on the weather. We had some customers on the same day as you request us to close the doors due to a draft around the knee's. If you would have made us aware you were too hot, we would have offered you an alternative seat when one become available.

2/ The décor and carpets are traditional pub carpets. Unfortunately this is beyond our control as the brewery manage the look of the premises.

3/ On a Sunday we only serve food from 12-5 and we do 100+ covers in the short space of time. There is a notice as you enter the pub advising orders are taken at the bar. I'm sorry if you did not see this notice, and sorry it took a while for a member of the team to take your order (I can only assume staff members had thought you had placed your order).

4/ Front of house staff all dress smart and well presented. This is something we do take pride in. NO staff members wear t-shirts or jeans. I can 100% guarantee this. All staff wear dark tops and dark trousers. This is for obvious reasons. White is something I don't have staff wearing due to the fact it shows food stains easily. As some staff members are on a shift for over 7 hours, the last thing they need is gravy being spilt on them in the 1st hour.

5/ We have 3 staff member on front of house on a Sunday and we all table check on all tables. I would rather eradicate a problem prior to customers leaving, then have a customer leave unsatisfied. So if you had advised a member of the team you was unhappy with your meal we could have sorted it there and then. As I previously mentioned we do 100+ covers on a Sunday and we received no complaints. All customers advised us they were happy with their meal or it was lovely.

6/ I'm not sure what you mean by referring to 1998 anymore.

If you wish to speak to me please do not hesitate to contact me. However I do believe this is a malicious review on my business and is quite hurtful. It takes months to build up a businesses reputation and seconds to destroy. I have spent the last 10 months building the Bulls Head Wolvey's reputation and take pride in it.

Sorry we did not meet your expectations on this occasion and if this is a true review, I hope to hear back from you.

Rob Eastham

Reviewed 6 March 2017

Called early evening without a booking. We were made very welcome and the food and drinks were very nice.

1  Thank 619raylh
Rob E, General Manager at Bulls Head, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2017

Many thanks for your lovely review. We are glad that you was happy with both the food and the service that we provide to our customers! We are looking forward to welcoming you again.